test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lvl 60 ranger dmg review

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
I just hit 60 on my ranger and geared him with per. vorpal and the crafted epic bow.
The rest of the gear is kinda crappy but since crit and arp are useless anyways while hitting dummies it doesnt matter.

Anyways,

Ranger feels a bit weak when u look at the encounter dmg.
I hit numbers around 4k-5k critical with binding shot on dummies and thats already one of the higher dmg encounters.
Also the cd on the encounters is kinda huge and since our archery feat Prime critical doesnt procc on every crit it feels kinda hard to get anything going but at-wills.

The ranger at-will aimed shot on the other hand can reach numbers like 22k on dummys which is crazy for an at-will.

But my main issue is that prime critical doesnt procc on every crit and idk if it's bugged or intended cuz that makes the gameplay pretty tough and not fluid.

I'm fine with 5k crits on encounters but on a 21 cd its pretty meh.

So whats ur guys opinion on that?
U like the more at-will based class or would u like more dmg and shorter cd on encounters and less at-will dmg?
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5k with a PVorp? Yikes.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sounds OP. Let's nerf Clerics.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited November 2013
    Sounds OP. Let's nerf Clerics.

I lol'd a little. But it'll probably happen this way.
  • Options
    detelinara123detelinara123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    M8 how did you hit level 60 so fast? any tips on leveling?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    M8 how did you hit level 60 so fast? any tips on leveling?

Don't sleep. Ever.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    24h after the patch went to the preview shard, there were already at least a dozen lvl 60 HR in PE when i checked the Social window..

On the topic, if the HR is able to deal much more dmg, whether at-wills or encounters, then it`ll create a issue with the TRs as a possible substitute to the class (and everyone knows how they behave when threatened). If the HR can nuke things from afar with heavy dmg, well refer to the TRs example about the CW crowd..
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    I just hit 60 on my ranger and geared him with per. vorpal and the crafted epic bow.
    The rest of the gear is kinda crappy but since crit and arp are useless anyways while hitting dummies it doesnt matter.

Anyways,

Ranger feels a bit weak when u look at the encounter dmg.
    I hit numbers around 4k-5k critical with binding shot on dummies and thats already one of the higher dmg encounters.
    Also the cd on the encounters is kinda huge and since our archery feat Prime critical doesnt procc on every crit it feels kinda hard to get anything going but at-wills.

The ranger at-will aimed shot on the other hand can reach numbers like 22k on dummys which is crazy for an at-will.

But my main issue is that prime critical doesnt procc on every crit and idk if it's bugged or intended cuz that makes the gameplay pretty tough and not fluid.

I'm fine with 5k crits on encounters but on a 21 cd its pretty meh.

So whats ur guys opinion on that?
    U like the more at-will based class or would u like more dmg and shorter cd on encounters and less at-will dmg?

Hi,

Seeing that you are level 60 can you test something for me please?

Spec for Hawk Shot and Commanding Shot. Start Rotation with Commanding Shot, Switch to Melee to Proc the Hawk buff (Adds Damage to next attack) Switch back out to ranged and use Hawk shot.

I would like to know how high a Non crit will hit for on a dummy and if possible how much a crit will as well with your perfect Vorp. I would assume you specced in the feats for the added 10% critical Severity on Ranged attacks as well.

If you could come back with some results that would be fantastic.

Also try the above rotation but instead of using Hawk Shot, use Aimed Shot for me.

Cheers.

Desidus
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can understand why cooldowns are long because they can switch to melee encounter powers which have their own cooldown.

Basically fire off your ranged Encounters, close to Melee use your melee encounters, swap back to ranged, rinse & repeat.

Scary if they can hit 22K with at-will.

Really need TR to still have best melee single target damage, HR should be best ranged single target melee but shouldn't be greater than TR that has to be in melee to deliver their best attacks.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    vikingbrad wrote: »
    Can understand why cooldowns are long because they can switch to melee encounter powers which have their own cooldown.

Basically fire off your ranged Encounters, close to Melee use your melee encounters, swap back to ranged, rinse & repeat.

About melee encounters they are pretty much all for cc/snare or buff u and ur allys, so it would decrease ur dps when u run in meleeranger to hit a mob.
    Also they dont work with ur archery tree.
    On the other hand thorn ward needs some heavy nerfs. Atm when u use it with master archery up it crits all the time and does like 75k dmg over its full duration and u also get master archery proccs from it.
    And i found out a way where u can have 3 of them up at the same time and i am not sure if it's intended or a bug.

But ye if prime critical would work on every crit i can see a fluid HR gameplay with decent amount of crit.
    On the other hand that makes the Combat and Nature-tree not rly viable but it's to early to judge cuz i haven't tested all of them yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    About melee encounters they are pretty much all for cc/snare or buff u and ur allys, so it would decrease ur dps when u run in meleeranger to hit a mob.
    Also they dont work with ur archery tree.
    On the other hand thorn ward needs some heavy nerfs. Atm when u use it with master archery up it crits all the time and does like 75k dmg over its full duration and u also get master archery proccs from it.
    And i found out a way where u can have 3 of them up at the same time and i am not sure if it's intended or a bug.

But ye if prime critical would work on every crit i can see a fluid HR gameplay with decent amount of crit.
    On the other hand that makes the Combat and Nature-tree not rly viable but it's to early to judge cuz i haven't tested all of them yet.

Any luck with that rotation request?
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi,

Seeing that you are level 60 can you test something for me please?

Spec for Hawk Shot and Commanding Shot. Start Rotation with Commanding Shot, Switch to Melee to Proc the Hawk buff (Adds Damage to next attack) Switch back out to ranged and use Hawk shot.

I would like to know how high a Non crit will hit for on a dummy and if possible how much a crit will as well with your perfect Vorp. I would assume you specced in the feats for the added 10% critical Severity on Ranged attacks as well.

If you could come back with some results that would be fantastic.

Also try the above rotation but instead of using Hawk Shot, use Aimed Shot for me.

Cheers.

Desidus

The hawkshot buff does nothing, i dont see any difference in dmg. It's not a % buff to ur next attack, it adds like 200dmg.
    Hawk shot itself does like 8k noncrit and 17k-25k critical on max range, so around the same as aimed shot.
    But for some reason Hawk shot isnt a single attack it hits twice at the same time for 10k-13k each.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 11506 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 13772 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawkeye deals 220 Physical to Target Dummy.

So Hawkeye looks terrible, it's not even worth switching to melee to get the buff for 200dmg.
    Also the buff does nothing when u cast aimed shot with it, it doesnt even procc.

Noncrits and crits on Hawk shot are kinda strange i get numbers like these:

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 2939 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 970 Physical to Target Dummy.

Again this is 1 hawkshot so 3909 dmg.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 3081 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 4255 Physical to Target Dummy

This one is at the same range as befor but the numbers seem to change a lot, no clue why.

Hawk shot with Commanding shot:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Commanding Shot deals 3980 (3461) Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 14241 (12383) Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 13981 (12157) Physical to Target Dummy.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The hawkshot buff does nothing, i dont see any difference in dmg. It's not a % buff to ur next attack, it adds like 200dmg.
    Hawk shot itself does like 8k noncrit and 17k-25k critical on max range, so around the same as aimed shot.
    But for some reason Hawk shot isnt a single attack it hits twice at the same time for 10k-13k each.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 11506 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 13772 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawkeye deals 220 Physical to Target Dummy.

So Hawkeye looks terrible, it's not even worth switching to melee to get the buff for 200dmg.
    Also the buff does nothing when u cast aimed shot with it, it doesnt even procc.

Noncrits and crits on Hawk shot are kinda strange i get numbers like these:

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 2939 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 970 Physical to Target Dummy.

Again this is 1 hawkshot so 3909 dmg.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 3081 Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hawk Shot deals 4255 Physical to Target Dummy

This one is at the same range as befor but the numbers seem to change a lot, no clue why.

Hawk shot with Commanding shot:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Commanding Shot deals 3980 (3461) Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 14241 (12383) Physical to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Hawk Shot deals 13981 (12157) Physical to Target Dummy.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the testing, looks like we have some good ranged damage potential. A pity about Hawkeye, I was hoping the the buff side of the ranger would be a viable sub spec, or main spec. A pity that it's not a flat % damage modifier.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I've experienced in PvP, ranger has some serious potential with their powers being capable of changing the conditions of a fight very quickly. I'm quite interested to see how this pans out in top level PvP premade fights.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    From what I've experienced in PvP, ranger has some serious potential with their powers being capable of changing the conditions of a fight very quickly. I'm quite interested to see how this pans out in top level PvP premade fights.

From the Buffwise Perspective whilst in Melee stance? I have a couple of interesting Ideas spec wise, but seeing that I have just moved houses this weekend and am without internet, powerleveling is kind of hard...
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi there

@xmousepadx

Ive only got my Hunter to 36 however from seeing the Daily's so far I really don't like the daily's we have so far, more utility than DPS, the aimed shot does more DPS than any other skill, can you give me your thoughts on the lvl 50 daily is it any good mate?
  • Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey folks

If possible can some one confirm what 3 items the level 60 Famorian Weaponsmith Forged Bow needs?

Stone/Riser/Blade/Hilt?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013