test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ok, I feel I must post this atlast

sigilaesigilae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Art and Fiction
Halfway through the beta of the game, the rooftops of protector's enclave were free to access as we would. Then, they were blocked with invisible walls one sudden patch. This, is my extremely late response to those walls:

screenshot_2013-09-25-02-15-46.jpg

Rogue ladders.
Because physics are for nubs.
Sigilae_zps6f5c89cc.jpg

Citizen of Haven's Point!
Post edited by sigilae on

Comments

• ravisanaravisana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i support getting in random places for no reason. it doesnt have to b easy, it doesn't have to be obvious. it just has to be possible. we all love exploring. the worst possibly thing in dnd is railroading by the dm, so don't go making a game that lets you jump but doesn't let you monkey around.

there was a cool chinese game that let you buy super jumps and backflips and wall running but i guess game version of dnd has no acrobatics D:

and i feel like i shoul dmention the adventures in world of warcraft, there were secret areas all over the place
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As long as we're on the subject, I would like to ask...
    What's with all the invisible walls in Sharandar?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To teach people about the /shake and /killme options?
    contents to be decided
  • sigilaesigilae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My question is, why block the areas so poorly that it is simple for a character to be able to get practically anywhere in the game. Take the midsummer festival area, for instance. A friend and I managed to get outside of not only the first set of walls surrounding the primary area, but we had also gotten outside the SECOND set of walls, and could even walk right off the map itself.

My entire point is, why bother blocking it if you give us the tools to walk around the blocks easily?
    Sigilae_zps6f5c89cc.jpg

• echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In Blackdagger ruins, you can go through one of the window, which leads to a small room, which drops off into a fantasical land of floating trees. I felt like I was going to Narnia.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    In Blackdagger ruins, you can go through one of the window, which leads to a small room, which drops off into a fantasical land of floating trees. I felt like I was going to Narnia.

wait... this isn't narnia? frak. ;)
  • faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I found Minecraft Land in Pirate's Skyhold. I was really determined to find a scry stone that day... XP

970233_543369159053527_1141100668_n.jpg

You can actually hop down into it and run back to the map entrance boat. I'm not someone who usually tests boundaries, so for me to have found the edge of the map is really... sad. I really thought the Scry Stone was at the top of the hill or something. ^^; Nope, just found no-man's land instead.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I enjoy "parkouring" a lot through NW. Its kind of a hobby to pass the time. I don't, however, really try to get past invisible walls. Might be time to step that up.

And I'm not sure why they do. I don't think its ineptitude. I'm not wanting to call it laziness either. They just don't, or don't figure to check it, I guess? Otherwise the GG PVP fix would have taken on both Luskan and Delzoun sides, for instance, instead of just the Luskans. So... not sure.
    contents to be decided
  • diaagediaage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    echokazul wrote: »

This is what we found in Blackdagger today while climbing up buildings:
    screenshot_2013-09-25-15-48-34_zpsadc7cf7d.jpg

Looks like the devs left a little goody bag for us rogues on top of a building.
    edited September 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    As long as we're on the subject, I would like to ask...
    What's with all the invisible walls in Sharandar?
    screenshot_2013-09-25-17-33-36.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-25-17-31-50.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-25-17-29-49.jpg

Invisible walls?
    Sigilae_zps6f5c89cc.jpg

edited September 2013
    Hey, its not just jump and dodge that does things like this, ya know....

screenshot_2013-09-25-18-09-05.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-25-18-08-31.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-25-18-09-57.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-25-18-10-52.jpg

Used 0 dodging to get to these places
    Sigilae_zps6f5c89cc.jpg