test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR pvp stats

ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den
what do u guys think would be a good balance of stats for pvp for more of an executioner build?

i just enchanted my skulkers to give it a try and came out with the following stats (non augment) and im not sure if i should tweak em some more

2.6k power
2.6k crit
2.6k arp
1350 def (26.xx dr)
25.5k hp
and some 1300 ls

it def is a bit diff playstyle than using duelist as i cant get my cooldowns as fast for some stealth/itc tanking but should be getting bigger crits with the 5% damage bonus and higher arp, at the cost of some power though. also survivabilty should be better with the added 3k hp

thoughts?
Post edited by ximae on

Comments

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like it. My TR is recently 60 after spending a while leveling solely through PVP, and I have pretty much kept my power/crit/AP all close to the same values. This however has cost me defense/deflect, but I hope to have GG T2 set soon, then I will concentrate on enchants to round out my char.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    wherever your getting defense from I would say drop it, if defense enchants use HP instead. the difference between ~18% DR and your 26% is only going to be 1% DR because most pvp DPS have ~25% ArP. Other than that your stats are good, mine are slightly lower ~2300 power/crit/ArP but I am running 1k regen and 29k HP.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    well my extra def comes from my pve gear, the epic pants with r7 azure and grand fugitives belt with rank 7 azure. so its sort of hard to change that, specially the pants. belt is cheap anough that i could get a new one for pvp and slot it with radiant instead.

the skulker chestpiece i did slot with a rank 7 radiant.
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Keep the defense.

You'll see better returns with higher defense than stacking HP unless you slot Rank 8 Radiants or better.

If you have lower than 8's then keep the defense.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Keep the defense.

You'll see better returns with higher defense than stacking HP unless you slot Rank 8 Radiants or better.

If you have lower than 8's then keep the defense.

Except that when you factor ArP you are only seeing about 1% DR from the bonus defense, while having an extra 1500 HP will increase your "effective HP" by much more than the DR will.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    First boon 250defense is a nice boost, and in my opinion far more valuable than 250power of the counterpart.
    edited September 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    First boon 250defense is a nice boost, and in my opinion far more valuable than 250power of the counterpart.

Ok but lets assume that you aren't building defense. 250 defense might bring you from 18% to 20.5% DR, that is effectively 0 as your enemies will have more ArP than that. I am only speaking in reference to PvP, if you are talking about PvE then sure maybe defense is worth something.

But since you have to stack quite a lot to get above 25% it's just not worth it at all in PvP. Yes the power is not very noticeable either but it's better than nothing, which is what you get with 250 defense. Crit is one of our main stats but I took deflect for my 2nd boon b/c I already have 42% crit (non executioner) and we have 75% reduction on deflect.

Stacking HP and to some extent deflect is your best bet in PvP.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

Agreed. Most PVP CWs run High Vizier set up. I hit you with three encounters and your Defense is now -1350. Stack HP or Deflect.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

yeah i took the 250 def and the 700hp boons, thought i would be better off getting those on boons and freeing up defensive slots for offensive ones.

2% more ap doesnt sound like much either when we build up so slowly and i mostly use bns for ap generation on bosses anyways.
    Ok but lets assume that you aren't building defense. 250 defense might bring you from 18% to 20.5% DR, that is effectively 0 as your enemies will have more ArP than that. I am only speaking in reference to PvP, if you are talking about PvE then sure maybe defense is worth something.

yeah i tend to agree that putting arp in the equation in pvp makes stacking defense sort of pointless, thing is are other classes really pushing arp that far? sure rogues are but My 2600 arp isnt even 25% dr so other classes might not get it that high for stat balance.

In pve it def is very usefull, much better than hp imho as we if factor in healing either from ls, pots or cleric it will always be better to have bigger damage reduction and lower health so its healed up to max faster. The effective hit points might be the same for big burst damage but u will regain ur ehp in a more optimal way.

deflect/dodge has always been a great stat for any pvp in an rpg as burst damage is usually very big so having a high chance to take nothing or very little can be a life saver. Prob is getting a couple of defensive slots with deflect is not going to do much unless the set also gives u deflect to get some higher numbers, so i guess it will have to be hp.

thing is now that i have been testing the setup more it actually feels pretty solid as i feel im dealing some good damage, more than my previous setup with 1k more power, specially to tankier classes with the extra 1k arp. and i also feel pretty tanky.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

But since you have to stack quite a lot to get above 25% it's just not worth it at all in PvP. Yes the power is not very noticeable either but it's better than nothing, which is what you get with 250 defense. Crit is one of our main stats but I took deflect for my 2nd boon b/c I already have 42% crit (non executioner) and we have 75% reduction on deflect.

Agreed. Most PVP CWs run High Vizier set up. I hit you with three encounters and your Defense is now -1350. Stack HP or Deflect.

I totally would agree with you guys, but I'm not purely pvp player. I need the extra defense for pve. Also I stack HP on my enchants. And about that High Viz set if it weren't "broken" how many times it would stack? I can't get deflect to numbers where it would actually be more effective than hp so I don't stack it. Atleast not with my current set. I might do some alterations to my pvp set in the near future though. (Getting some regen)
    edited September 2013
    I totally would agree with you guys, but I'm not purely pvp player. I need the extra defense for pve. Also I stack HP on my enchants. And about that High Viz set if it weren't "broken" how many times it would stack? I can't get deflect to numbers where it would actually be more effective than hp so I don't stack it. Atleast not with my current set. I might do some alterations to my pvp set in the near future though. (Getting some regen)

If the HV set is fixed, it can stack up to three times, debuffing to-1350 defense. Only a couple powers can stack it beyond that: Shard of Endless Avalanche, which is rarely used in PVP, and the Oppressive Force daily, which is not uncommon to see. But you have to keep the debuffs "up" by using continuous powers that apply the stack. It's rare in PVP to try to keep up those types of stacks due to the limited amount of health players have. Most stack 1-3 times, which is still quite significant, especially against the squishier types.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

After 3 encounters from Trace, most people are dead.
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    After 3 encounters from Trace, most people are dead.

If only that were the case! Squishy types fall fast to CWs if they cannot counter or close the gap. It also depends on what encounters are used, who stun-locks first, and if Soulforge procs. Lots of variables.

My personal challenge is 1v1 point contesting with Sents and tanky GFs. I dueled a def spec GF yesterday and neither of us could get the other down past 2/3 health. I so wanted the duel to continue, but time ran out in PVP.

Anyway, stack HP or Deflect. After a DC goes down, CWs look for TRs and other CWs.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg