test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Insane CPU usage is trying to cook my machine!

bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
As it says above, I can't play this game for more than an hour at a time before my monitoring tools alert me that my CPU is too hot. I have a Coolermaster HAF (High Air Flow) full tower case with six case fans between 120mm and 220mm with all the cabling routed through the cable routing openings. Absolutely *nothing* I throw at this system, besides this game, even comes close to overheating anything. (Even backing up my HHD's while playing Skyrim on max settings with Firefox and a dozen tabs open.) The main board has 10 temp sensors and a suite of monitoring tools. All fans are functioning fine. None of the other temps ever exceed mid 40's (celsius). The only exception is the CPU when playing this game. It'll climb into the mid 60's and then start yelling at me.

I ran task manager in the background tonight for a while to monitor CPU usage. This game maxed most of the cores on my six core processor! A computer game should not be maxing CPU cycles. If anything it should max the GPU and the FPS should drop off/the game crash. I took the month before Feywild off and came back to this issue. I didn't have any problems a couple months ago, or at least it wasn't bad enough that it was overheating anything. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case the time frame helps.