test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bound on PickUp

wurstboiwurstboi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, i am all for it when it comes to dungeon delve chest - it is a way to get the loot you want to use.

BUT -

1) Seals

What about all those seals you keep getting after lvl 60? Basically they are useless to you and for other players they would be very useful to get into the first dungeon in decent gear. It seems a very pointless mechanic, if you just can barter them for items you don't need and can only sell for gold.

2) PVP gear

Now, it is mostly pointless to do pvp for glory. You don't need the gear, you cannot use it for alts, you cannot sell it.
And it encourages all sissy players (or pro gamers) to buy pvp potions (because what else?) and run away while drinking them.

3) Gauntelgrym

Why bother with it now? Again, once you have the gear, it's over. Cannot pass gear to alts/friends/whatever. Useless coins means useless content.

So, if the players are not supposed to get AD from those items - make them unsellable in AH, but tradeable with other players. OR, at least, shared on account. So you don't have to grind from zero, if you want to try another class. Bound on pickup is just dumb.
Post edited by wurstboi on

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic has changed the games rewards from loot to gameplay.

If you do not enjoy PvP don't.
    If you do not enjoy PvE don't.
    If you do not enjoy PvP or PvE uninstall.

The game is no longer about farming AD and buying loot off the AH as all of the end game loot is now BoP. Almost everything in MC is BoP minus the fragments which should have been BoP and locked to specific classes that could use them.
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    it seems to me bind on pick up is aiming to try make new content last longer forcing you to farm until u get part you want.
    they don't let u trade them even to your own chars to stop ninja looting other class items for them as some ppl have 50 alts and some have 1 char its just to slow progression down instead of them making real content
    edited September 2013
    it seems to me bind on pick up is aiming to try make new content last longer forcing you to farm until u get part you want.
    they don't let u trade them even to your own chars to stop ninja looting other class items for them as some ppl have 50 alts and some have 1 char its just to slow progression down instead of them making real content

Um... You can get your full PvE Set in about 2 weeks with casual MC. Myself and many other guildmates already have farmed our 460 Seals and purchased our full T2.5 Sets.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    The only reason I ever used Seals, or did any PvE or GG, was to deck out my other toons freshly hitting 60. With the introduction of BoP changes without any kind of shared bank, PvP and GG are dead to me. Seals are 100% useless for characters that already have gear. No more helping out guildies with gear or decking out my new characters.
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    No more helping out guildies with gear

Do what I do and carry them thru dungeons. :P It's about all that is left for decked out characters or making new shiny enchants on test server.
  • wurstboiwurstboi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Cryptic has changed the games rewards from loot to gameplay.

If you do not enjoy PvP don't.
    If you do not enjoy PvE don't.
    If you do not enjoy PvP or PvE uninstall.

The game is no longer about farming AD and buying loot off the AH as all of the end game loot is now BoP. Almost everything in MC is BoP minus the fragments which should have been BoP and locked to specific classes that could use them.

Did you even read my post? Where did i suggest, that i want to farm AD? I want to be able to get rewards from content and use them. If not to trade with other players, then at least to share with my own chars.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Seal items can be salvaged. PvP items can be salvaged. (also I always have PvP potions...) Yes there is the daily cap but you need to salvage at least 1 item to meet it, even if you do neverember daily. I like this system as I can still bring in steady cashflow, ~80-100k a day, and I don't have to do any PvE if I don't want to.

GG gear I agree should have remained BoE, they killed their first content release completely with their 2nd content release heh.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    glory and seals are just for you to keep buying and salvaging items for rAD lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Looking for some advice on this subject. Since I started playing World of Warcraft almost 9 years ago I am only used to loot rules being Bop for most gear with random mob drops from dungeons being Boe gear. What other games on the market offer a Boe first approach with Bop taking the back seat?
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seals worthless after 60? No they are worthless at all levels. Once you get enough seals for something you already have better gear then you can earn. No point in ever saving for them. Might as well just turn your bounties in for the random gear bags to make some gold or sell on the AH.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seal and Glory are pretty pointless now. I simply buy stuff and salvage for rough AD. *shrug* I PVP a lot because I find it the most challenging aspect of the game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!