test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't Fireblossom Petals at least be account bound?

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is so annoying. I am farming flowers and converting them to packs to send to 1 char. However, just doing the dailies and achievements my 3 alts now all have 500-800 petals. With these being bound, they are now wasted.

I understand that Cryptic probably doesn't want people farming and selling petals, but why can we not get a few things to be account bound instead of char bound?
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Depends on what you plan to buy, of course, but my strategy is to have my DC buy the more expensive stuff that isn't character-bound (like fashion) and let my alts spend their petals on smaller things for themselves that are character-bound. I don't get a lot of playtime so it makes more sense for me to do the daily things on each character and then focus more on my DC for everything else since she has more resources and better gear for troll-punting.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes it is a little bit of a pain. I need to farm some items for my DC that are BoP but she sucks the most at farming them, I'd prefer to use my CW the most for these sort of things. Still it's nice to have these events.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Depends on what you plan to buy, of course, but my strategy is to have my DC buy the more expensive stuff that isn't character-bound (like fashion) and let my alts spend their petals on smaller things for themselves that are character-bound. I don't get a lot of playtime so it makes more sense for me to do the daily things on each character and then focus more on my DC for everything else since she has more resources and better gear for troll-punting.

Maybe I am over looking something, but I didn't really see where there is anything small and actually useful. Even the cheapest toy is the waterballoon and its like 1600. The everything less then that is just crafting mats and I already have about 7 pairs of pants and hats.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    I understand that Cryptic probably doesn't want people farming and selling petals, but why can we not get a few things to be account bound instead of char bound?

Because we have no way to trade account bound items anyway.

The mail system they use can't tell if you are mailing something to yourself or someone else. And they haven't given us a shared bank yet. We only have 1 item that I know of that is labelled "account bound" instead of just "bound" and it might as well be character bound since it also can't be traded.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe I am over looking something, but I didn't really see where there is anything small and actually useful. Even the cheapest toy is the waterballoon and its like 1600. The everything less then that is just crafting mats and I already have about 7 pairs of pants and hats.

It's 1300 and you can get 200 a day without doing barely anything every day. Over 20 days that's 4000 and just under what's needed for a pig. It's possible to get the water balloons in between 1-4 days depending on how much farming you want to do. Water balloons aren't entirely useless as I've found out too ;). I'm not going to mention anything in case they decide that it's a bug and decide to fix it. It's nothing game breaking, just a fun little perk.
    edited September 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    It's 1300 and you can get 200 a day without doing barely anything every day. Over 20 days that's 4000 and just under what's needed for a pig. It's possible to get the water balloons in between 1-4 days depending on how much farming you want to do. Water balloons aren't entirely useless as I've found out too ;). I'm not going to mention anything in case they decide that it's a bug and decide to fix it. It's nothing game breaking, just a fun little perk.
    Yes, but the problem is that that means I have to continue doing this daily on 4 chars for the entire time. Otherwise I'll have about 4-5k petals stuck on 3 alts that will be wasted. I'm already doing this event, so its not like I am asking for anything for free, I just would rather stop doing 4 chars after 10 days.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, but the problem is that that means I have to continue doing this daily on 4 chars for the entire time. Otherwise I'll have about 4-5k petals stuck on 3 alts that will be wasted. I'm already doing this event, so its not like I am asking for anything for free, I just would rather stop doing 4 chars after 10 days.

In addition to what Rune mentioned. It would just be much to easy to farm if account bound. You get 150 for just doing the 2 dailies alone. You don't even need to compete in any contests. Just 5 trolls, herd 5 animals, gather 10 corn, and 12 flowers. I expect there are folks who could farm that in under 10 minutes. It wouldn't take many alts to quickly stockpile a ton of petals.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Better to do your daily stuff while the contests are going on, though, so you can get more petals and crafting materials. Slay trolls during event, gather flowers until the feast event starts, herd piggies and gather corn during feast, then go back and finish gathering flowers if needed. Takes ~22 min IIRC for both contests to finish, so that's about an hour and a half over the course of a day to do your daily stuffs for four characters if you don't stop for anything in between. If you're short on time when you log in, this is probably the most efficient way to do it.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited September 2013
    Well, I guess what you guys are saying is true, so I'll just have to suck it up and figure out a way to min/max each chars petal generation.