test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outrageous zen prices aren't the problem: broken/inaccessible content are

concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Charging outrageous prices for products and services is the nature of F2P. However, doesn't it make sense to have those products and services function properly?

1. Many people cannot access dungeon content. Your group finder is buggy, stranding people in alone in instances and preventing them from joining other queues for hours on end. This is before the bad loot, the bad groups, and the exploiters who abuse dungeon finder to solo bosses and bork queueing for anyone who was in their group.

2. PvP queues are broken. I'm not talking about leavers and mismatches which are inexcusable, the continued existence of which should prevent your developers from talking above a whisper because of the humiliation they feel.

I'm talking about being ported into a match inside a wall, or about being ported into a match and being told "you are not on your team" before being ported out with an indefinitely bugged queue. I'm not on my team. Someone link me the Linkedin profile of whoever thought that scanned.

~Eggs
Post edited by concubines on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're right apart from the "Charging outrageous prices for products and services is the nature of F2P". I imagine there's a lot of people who haven't spent anything or much because the prices are insane. Just because it's f2p doesn't mean they have to charge so much. The pricing should still be somewhat attractive otherwise what's stopping me to moving to pay2play where there's be less trouble with spammer, maybe less whiny kids (or adults that act like kids), and I wouldn't need to be constantly paying for blatant money suckers like lockboxes and wards. I do think free to players can get a lot of value from playing though which is good. Although I'd advise them to have a character to hold all of their runes and stuff.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally, I've been left with the conclusion that many of the posters here haven't played many f2p MMOs, because the prices, while perhaps a bit high for some items, aren't all that far off from what I've run into in other games. /shrug

But yeah, the queue systems needs a bunch of work.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Your right apart from the "Charging outrageous prices for products and services is the nature of F2P". I imagine there's a lot of people who haven't spent anything or much because the prices are insane. Just because it's f2p doesn't mean they have to charge so much. The pricing should still be somewhat attractive otherwise what's stopping me to moving to pay2play where there's be less trouble with spammer, maybe less whiny kids (or adults that act like kids), and I wouldn't need to be constantly paying for blatant money suckers like lockboxes and wards. I do think free to players can get a lot of value from playing though which is good. Although I'd advise them to have a character to hold all of their runes and stuff.

I came here after being a sub on swtor, and there being no sub here I thought "well that $15.00 can be well spent in nw". Unfortunately, there is about nothing I want as a one time purchase that is $15.00. Last I checked, the only mounts Icared to pay for cost right around $30.00. rofl. So I spent $20.00 and bought minecraft which has consumed most of my playing time since and is a far far better entertainment investment of $20.00 than anything in the zen store.

Sorry it is just too expensive.
  • stoxbox2stoxbox2 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The entire game is broken for some of us. =)