test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
When you announced the Camp. System, I was skeptical, but had hopes it would be a nice system.

Boy was I WRONG.

First, you copied about 80-90% of Star Trek Online's Reputation System, and then you used it to LIMIT PROGRESSION AND FORCE US TO USE IT.

Second, some of these tasks require FIFTY THOUSAND ASTRAL DIAMONDS. That means, to complete that task, you have to farm diamonds for ALMOST A WEEK PER ITEM.

Star Trek Online does not force us to use their Reputation System, so I can ignore it. Here, I have essentially been strangled into doing menial tasks for 6-12 months in order to unlock the next area.

GG Neverwinter. GG.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Dude you can get 50k diamonds in 5 minutes or less just buy zen and convert it. I think they might be trying too force free players to pay too play go figure
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    When you announced the Camp. System, I was skeptical, but had hopes it would be a nice system.

Boy was I WRONG.

First, you copied about 80-90% of Star Trek Online's Reputation System, and then you used it to LIMIT PROGRESSION AND FORCE US TO USE IT.

Second, some of these tasks require FIFTY THOUSAND ASTRAL DIAMONDS. That means, to complete that task, you have to farm diamonds for ALMOST A WEEK PER ITEM.

Star Trek Online does not force us to use their Reputation System, so I can ignore it. Here, I have essentially been strangled into doing menial tasks for 6-12 months in order to unlock the next area.

GG Neverwinter. GG.

Thanks the good lord I make over 50k AD a day with Leadership from my alts. :D
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread seems strangely familiar...
    10PM CST

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can also just ignore the new zone, too. That's what I did in STO when season 7 came along - only now starting to explore it (surprise, surprise: it's still there, go figure).

I love Netflix because all those really old movies I've never seen are still just as exciting and fun as when they were still shiny new in the theatre - zero diminishment in value.

and my point: the same with the new zone in neverwinter: it will always be there. It will be there whenever you get there. Just go there when you're ready and able and not before that. Just because it's all shiny new right now is not a reason to break down the doors to go there right now. :)

I know: my input is completely useless to anyone who reads it, zero in the constructive feedback department. But it's every bit as useful to anyone reading it as the OP, so I rest my case.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't say I wasn't going to use it, it just shouldn't be forced down my throat. I certainly won't do it on my GWF, that's fr sure. I'm gonna wait for the Ranger.
  • marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    heh mines already bugged out quest wise, the part to see the rewards will not update/complete. and after deleting the quest it is no long receivable, added that to the mass censorship the mods are throwing out today, today has been a total stale mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Uh 50k is literally 2 days worth of dailies.

They also introduced new quests from Neverember that reward double diamonds.

I make 40k a day from leadership alone.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's as optional as New Romulus is in STO. The gear in Sharandar is not superior to epic gear from epic dungeons -- the top dungeon gear is on par but not better. There are ability upgrades you can grind out over time just like in the STO rep grinds, and if you don't want them, you don't do them, and the only thing you miss are the upgrades. It's all optional.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Uh 50k is literally 2 days worth of dailies.

They also introduced new quests from Neverember that reward double diamonds.

I make 40k a day from leadership alone.

Not everyone has the time to grind out leadership. I am lucky to have an hour a day for NW in my busy day.
  • acelisiaiaacelisiaia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed. 45 minutes or less of new content for side ways grade gear with a 14 hour lock out AND costs 50k AD to open a second chest?!?! Fail. If I want to grind on the weekend, I can't. If I can't do 2 hours worth of dailies every day on 5 toons, I can't do this new stupid thing. Hey cryptic, you are cutting out all your working adults here. Good luck on getting paid by the rest of the demographics once you estranged your full time working adults. I hope your chief finanicial officer reads this. Ridiculous new restrictions.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well you guys wanted " end game " and now that you have it , you're whining about it . It's kinda funny , don't you think ?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Boy was I WRONG.
    Yes, you're wrong. However, I won't spoil the surprise as to what you're wrong about quite yet.
    They could've tied the unlocks to specific quests sequences. Instead, they made it modular and branching. They gave more freedom instead one shiny at the end of three dailies.
    Stop right there. You can complete 50k worth of diamonds in just over two days worth of dailies. Hitting 24k each day requires less than 1.5 hours investment, especially with the new level 60 dailies.
    You won't take 6-12 months; your math is way off. Besides, leveling up involved menial tasks to unlock each area--in every MMO (even EVE requires a lot of menial tasks).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just made 22k rough ADs from a DD pirate king run. Paid for half of the malabog key. I think it's quite a fair deal, 50k isn't that much ADs.
  • xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    The only problem with the Campaign system is the new content is boring imo.