test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What? cant use foundry on a new character?

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
On my main character I have used up all 10 quest slots and i was told by a lot of people to just create another character and get him to level 15 then you can unlock the foundry with him.

I did that, i got to level 15 and went to the foundry with that character selected and it took me to my main character foundry. Is the foundry linked to the account instead of the character?

Why did they lie to me, i wasted my time leveling another character to 15 just for the foundry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes they lied. If you want more Foundry Slots you have to purchase them from the Zen Store. It is account based - when you started your new character you should have been hit by a barrage of achievement earned - this might have been a hint ;)
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah people keep saying that as well buy more slots from the zen store but

The devs had said you cant buy extra foundry slots at the zen store

So you lie too :( unless the devs are lying, which is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Yeah people keep saying that as well buy more slots from the zen store but

The devs had said you cant buy extra foundry slots at the zen store

So you lie too :( unless the devs are lying, which is it?

LOL sorry my Bad.

I am sure though that I saw somewhere that you could buy extra slots - but this was like 2 months ago - I had a good look and could see nothing.

My apologies.

Just sign up with a new account and you will have 10 more.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You would have to create a new account, and then get a character on that new account to level 15.
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    You would have to create a new account, and then get a character on that new account to level 15.

Uh, is creating new accounts to bypass stuff like this violation of tos or eula or something?
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    artgod wrote: »
    Uh, is creating new accounts to bypass stuff like this violation of tos or eula or something?

Not that i'm aware of. It's been discussed quite a bit on the forums, and i haven't seen any statements from mods or admins saying it was a violation. Could be wrong, but as far as i know, it's okay.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Star Trek Online Foundry: you can buy extra "mission" slots (think: Quest/Campaign slots) because you only get five (I think, I could be mistaken on that, it could be three - unless you're a lifetime or Gold subscriber). Neverwinter gives you 10 (TEN!). (!!!) What more do you want!?

(Note: I am a HotN Founder, so I have ten, I could be mistaken that it's fewer for non-Founder pack players).

Cryptic never lied about the Foundry - it is and always has been ACCOUNT-LINKED and is unrelated to any playable character you may have. The only way to create more missions/quests once you use-up the ten you get initially is to create a new account (full login account with PWE).

Here's the GOOD NEWS: Since you get 10 (TEN!) quest slots, how about taking *great care* to ensure each and every one is exceptionally awesome. The Foundry in Neverwinter (And STO for that matter) is overloaded with absolute trash. So rise above the gristle and become cream of the crop by spending the time, making the effort and working hard to make genuinely great quests.

As for the level 15 thing: you must level-up any character on your account. Once the first character on account reaches level 15, the Foundry Authoring tool is unlocked (unless you purchase a HotN pack) - this is to prevent spammers and trolls (whose quests aren't all that much worse than the majority of "legitimate" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already there, so go figure).

-shrug-