test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adlez Legends - The Eagle

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Published it but might make more changes later... Have fun. :)

Princess Knil's betrothed, Prince Adlez, the greatest ranged weapon user in all of Neverwinter, has been captured by the Evil Sorceress No-Nag 10 days before the wedding!!!

Knil is an old family friend and has asked you to help find her soon-to-be husband...

It is rumored that the last place No-Nag's minions were seen with Prince Adlez was near the Eagle Family Crypt in the Tower District. Be extremely Careful as you proceed!

NW-DS6HS66GS
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Brainstorming/To do list:
    - Dialogue (redo the green torch section) - yellow + blue=green but there was no yellow torch, lol... that's what happens when you are working on this type of stuff at 1 am.... Right now the torch handle gives the key after you solve the problem, but it's not exactly easy to understand that ... so might have to remove that key all together to remove confusion?

- Redo the end dialogues to give easy option...

- Possibly (not sure) add more walls to the mud maze.

- tweak some of the dialogues and/or add some more trivia type stuff to some of them.

- Possibly add a section to merchant where you actually buy more stuff... not sure on this since it might just make that first section take too long.

- Do more with the plumber and his daughter (need to work it in so that you clear the rubble to allow them to go back to town as they are trapped down there with you sort of)...

- redo the Brother's dialogue a bit... perhaps you can 'save' one or both of them by buying something from the merchant? (too bad OR doesn't exist.)

redo it all since we are only allowed 10 quests total to publish... and make this an EPIC with 10+ levels/maps! ;) (this could take a loooong while, lol)

If you ran through this quest (I don't expect you to finish it all the way unless you have the time to do so - kinda surprised me what the average run through was on it honestly, but not much since some of the rooms are big, and there's a place that's easy to get lost in in certain areas, so they take a while to run through), feel free to throw me some more ideas on how to make this thing better.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Overall I didn't think it was bad for a non-canon story. Even considering that I didn't understand why the crypt was in the Tower district instead of Neverdeath.

I have a feeling that many of those that would like the first 30 minutes of this quest won't like the last 10 or 15. And vice versa. Very little combat in the first part. And what was there was very easy. Suddenly it kicked into high gear.

By the way, I noticed it had 0 plays. Just a tip, but if possible you should always run your quests after publishing. To make sure nothing broke in publishing. And a lot of players won't run maps without plays since there are a lot of maps in the Under Review section that can't be completed at all.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for running through it. Sorry it took so long. Yes, I need to probably go back in and change up the last 10 minutes or so so there are some easier options there in the dialogue branches.

This being my first foundry creation, I was sort of just trying to explore the tools... It's made me aware of a lot of potential. I can and probably will tweak it a bit in the coming weeks or months (need to walk away from it for a while to get a better perspective on what to do next when I do more tweaks)