test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

odd idea... reach point as 'timer' of sorts...

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I'm pretty sure it'd look like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with all of the completed messages, but I'm thinking about using reach point in part of my story to do an animation where a room sort of transforms in front of the player... anyone else tried this type of thing before...? basically it'd be a string of reach points all in a row in the same area or a few feet away from one another and as the player walks a few more steps walls start coming out of nowhere, etc.
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Works fine, did this with a statue in "The Trials of Five" Good luck :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you keep the reach points out of the storyline you can avoid the complete messages. I use reach points for triggers but nothing as elaborate as what you are suggesting :)
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    I figured out how to do it... now... sort set appear and dissappear on dialoge/component, etc.

As far as reach point... What I'm imagining is a crazy room where where it's like you fall through space space and as you jump the parts of the wall's bricks and platforms go in and out of the room depending on reach points... not sure if you can set reach point's y coordinates and stuff like that...

Thinking about inspiration from movies like the Cube... and games like real world rubix cubes or video games like portal.