test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skirmishes - every player should be able to play skirmishes they missed

sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know it's been discussed here before but I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything new on this from the developers and whether or not there's a solution forthcoming.

I really enjoy this game, but I find it infruriating that nowhere in-game did it warn me that if I leveled too far I would never be able to participate in older skirmishes. I mean, if they're going to lockout content in this way there should be an in-your-face warning message at several points during the early gameplay to make sure that every player is aware that they will never be able to participate in skirmishes outside their level range.

Again, while I love the game, this seems like a very poorly-designed game mechanic to me. It would be forgivable if they at least clearly warned players in-game, but Cryptic's failure to adequately warn new players about this is insanely foolish and frankly I'm surprised there hasn't been more griping about it.
Post edited by sedryntyros on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's tons of griping about it. You've just managed to miss those threads, I guess.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's tons of griping about it. You've just managed to miss those threads, I guess.

I did see a few threads, but I guess I expected more discussion about this than I've seen. Perhaps you're correct and I've missed some of the threads, though.

The Skirmish problem is my only real gripe with the game.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is more griping about other things this week, but there are definitely missed skirmish/outlevelled content threads on a regular basis. Sometimes multiple in a day, and I'm trying to limit time on these forums so I don't see nearly everything.

Edit: a lot of mentions would be in the context of "too much XP/levelling is too easy" threads, so don't discount those.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2013
    There is more griping about other things this week, but there are definitely missed skirmish/outlevelled content threads on a regular basis. Sometimes multiple in a day, and I'm trying to limit time on these forums so I don't see nearly everything.

Edit: a lot of mentions would be in the context of "too much XP/levelling is too easy" threads, so don't discount those.

Ah, okay.

I'm surprised then that Cryptic hasn't at least taken the time to add warning prompts in-game to warn low-level characters. I mean, how hard would that be? I can understand them taking their time to come up with a solution for folks who've already out-leveled the skrimishes, but inserting some in-game warnings in the interim would probably save them from some of the *****ing!
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Posted about it a few days after release, still no development on it since then, pathetic.
    edited July 2013
    Posted about it a few days after release, still no development on it since then, pathetic.

Well, I was ready to drop $50 to buy Zen but decided that until they get this fixed they're not getting a dime from me. As much as I enjoy the game in every other respect, I can't bring myself to reward this level of stupidity.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For a week now I've been trying to get into a skirmish ( the level 34-37 one ) and have had no success. Each day I've logged in and queue, but nothing. Now I'm close to hitting level 38 and missing out on it. I'm even hesitant to invoke since the xp gained each day is so much.

So devs..?
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive heard rumors some skirmishes do have entrances just like dungeons do... just most people can't find them.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree completely , it is really annoying that I cannot get the achievements that I missed due to how fast and easy it is to out level the Skrmishes , and it is even more annoying now that I have done all the Scrying achievements and am running out of stuff to do lol

My perfect solution would be to make epic versions of all the skirmishes that give the achievements retroactively plus that would add a whole lot of new stuff to do for capped players with I'm guessing (although I'm no expert) minimal effort on the developers part.
    Ive heard rumors some skirmishes do have entrances just like dungeons do... just most people can't find them.
    Dunno who told you that but it isn't true , been on every map and interacted with every npc whilst getting the 15 scrying achievements , there is no manual way to enter past skirmishes.
    edited July 2013
    I was reviewing the patch notes from last week and it looks like the new level range and gear score columns displayed in queue selections wasn't even there until that patch! Really? So, before that patch last Wednesday, there was NOTHING in game to warn a player when they were about to level themselves out of being eligible for a queue?!

It's difficult to fahom how this slipped through the cracks during beta. Seriously. How can the same development team that did so many other things right make such an obvious, gargantuan snafu when it comes to Skirmishes?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, this is very irritating - I missed a few skirmishes, simply because I levelled up too fast, and now I am completely unable to get those achivement points. Not fair....quite irritating to antone who is a bit of a perfectionist.

I guess adding some new stuff to the Zen store is a much higher priority task than adding this, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually the Preview Shard gives me a strong impression that they are indeed working on this and we should expect to be able to revisit old skirmishes at some point in the near future.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited July 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Actually the Preview Shard gives me a strong impression that they are indeed working on this and we should expect to be able to revisit old skirmishes at some point in the near future.

I hope that's true. Until then, I'll hold onto my cash!