test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 inventory items?

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Is it ok to have quests that put 2 items in inventory at the same time or should you always limit it to one and only one, and then swap the one with another?

I was aiming for two max at all times, but am wondering if I shouldn't try to lower that to 1?...
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't really mind carrying a couple of items, but I do not like carrying an excessive amount like 6 or more.

That being said there does seem to be a foundry bug that does not allow an object to actually consume an item (even when you set it properly) if you put any dialog connected to that item. I just mention it in my quest description to let players know that they can discard the items after use. I do this without giving away any specifics of course. :)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two is fine. My quest uses two at most. I think too many would be five or more, so you're fine.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You can front an event from interaction, marker, or dialogue and eliminate all inventory items.

Even with side quests this can be done. It takes a little more thought, but the players will probably be happier.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can front an event from interaction, marker, or dialogue and eliminate all inventory items.

Even with side quests this can be done. It takes a little more thought, but the players will probably be happier.

It can be done, but it doesn't give the same effect. If you've noticed the dialog requirements, setting it to item vs. some other trigger will show up differently. Without an item the dialog choice is greyed out. Without another trigger the dialog choice is completely gone. It's disabled vs. invisible. So there are certainly uses for it.

Personally two items isn't a big deal at all. And I only use them in my quest for options things. I never use items that's required to progress within the quest. As for the OP, two is fine, especially if his quest doesn't have a lot of lot of encounters for looting.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD