test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can the birds go any higher or lower?

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
The bird npcs all seem to fly the same height on y axis no matter what number I put in there. Is there any way to make them fly higher?

Would this be an appropriate time to call in an invisible plane at a certain height?

Also, in the path can you adjust y heights for each path point or do they always stay same y height because of the way the animation and 3d model is made up?

Comments

• artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    while on the topic of birds... any suggestions on how to modify them to make em look like bats? Would dropping a spider to same coordinates of the bird get that effect, or would that just look silly?
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Interesting question. They must move relative to *something*, but it might be more like a "sky effect", in which case you probably can't control the height.

As for bats - I think the right context would help. If it's dark, and you're in/near a cave, and the player is expecting to see bats, they'll look like bats. I don't think a spider would make much difference.

EDIT: In case you weren't aware, there is a "Bats" sound effect you can use (called Bats 1).
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have made some on invisible walls that I tilted sideways and at angles. So they appear to go up and down as they go in a sort of distorted oblong. But I learned that if you tilt them too far, they do slide off.
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.