test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow Gauntlets?

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I was looking for a some gear for my lowbie TR for pvp and I saw Shadow Gauntlets in the AH for quite a bit. THese are apparently L 30 quality available to L 19 chars. Where do these come from or how I do farm my own?
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• harplesharples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    If i would have to make a guess, u can get them from nightmare boxes?
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    harples wrote: »
    If i would have to make a guess, u can get them from nightmare boxes?

If thats the case, I'll definitely just have to do without.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any items with that label (This is a level [x] item usable by level [x] characters) come from Gloomwrought Weapons Crates.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Any items with that label (This is a level [x] item usable by level [x] characters) come from Gloomwrought Weapons Crates.

Ah ok...thanks for the info.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »

huehuehue..
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »

Happy to help. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The caches are not easy to farm.

If you can buy them for 10k AD it might be worth your while but on Mindflayer 15k AD is a more realistic figure and even then you won't get too many before they are sold out and you need to start considering paying 20k AD a cache.

When opening a Cache you have a chance to get Main hand, off hand and bracers for your class (Shadow for TR) but you will also get neck and rings for the other classes.

The other classes get Gloomwrought, Shadowfell, Fugue and Shar items.

Let's say you open 10 caches, it is highly unlikely you will get two Shadow rings, a Shadow Amulet, Shadow Dagger, Shadow Stiletto and Shadow Bracers.

More than likely you will get one shadow dagger/stiletto, a Shadow ring and a boat load of rings and ammies for the other classes.

Since every other class that opens one also gets rings and ammie's for the other classes you wind up with a glut of gear that just doesn't sell due to over supply and a real shortage of weapons and off-hands. Heaven help you if it is the bracer that you want since bracers are as rare as the weapons but hardly worth as much.

Also if you are wanting to own PvP with the gear you will need somebody else to open them for you since if you open a crate at level 19 you won't see level 30 gear you will get level 20 gear. You can wait until you are level 21 but that does kinda defeat the purpose of the whole excercise.

I'm not trying to talk you out of having a go but be ready for a huge Astal Diamond outlay and be prepared for getting stuck with a lot of stock which just plain won't sell anytime soon.

I am sitting on 4-5 gloomwrought rings and ammie's, some fugues, 2 stiletto's( I won't let them go too cheap since this is where I try and make my Astral Diamonds back) and a few other pieces which just keep turning up in my mail every five days because nobody is interested.

Also to keep costs down I tried opening lockboxes so I would get my own caches rather than buy them off the AH, I kept records of every box opened and have a running tally of my net losses and they are considerable. Opening Lockboxes is a sure-fire way to find yourself in the poor house, maybe if I get the mount I will be able to balance the books but in the meantime I have losses, heavy heavy losses.

Having said that though I managed to score a Symbol of Shar for my Cleric at level 51 and used it all the way to 60 before upgrading it. The gear is fantastic but it is super expensive and for good reason.

The 49-60 bracket is the best time to buy these items off the AH, they are dirt cheap and it takes a reasonable amount of time to level from 49 to 60, sure you will still spend a few hundred AD on all the even levels for chest, head, belt and feet but basically you will hit level 60 having hardly spent a dime on gear since level 49 so you should be rich, gloriously rich. I hit level 60 on my first character with a full set of teir 1 gear and Ancient rings and ammie waiting for me in the bank.

I just equiped my lowbie TR with both blades, two shadow rings and the bracers, I tried to get the amulet but wound up with sooooo many gloomwrought rings I had to stop lest I get another.

Even without the amulet it was pretty awesome, I did tonnes of skirmishes and would consistently finish with literally double the damage done of anybody else in there. 300,000-400,000AD for gear which only lasts one day of serious play before you outlevel it may seem like a lot but it was totally worth it.

I'm too poor to start opening cache's for the next level bracket and as previously mentioned I will need a higher level TR to actually open them for me so my TR is shelved for now but once I have a good 400,000AD to waste I will go for another set.

If you are serious about low level PvP, consider starting/joining a PvP guild since a good PvP guild should be able to even out the process sustantially. I don't bother with this though, since my main is a Cleric I am left wanting for a feeling of power so I do it for skirmishes and dungeons with the gear so I can feel powerful, in PvP the gear is more common, some might even say essential.