test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happened to the "Things you want to see in the Foundry" sticky?

raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
We used to have one.. right? I'm not going insane here..

I wanted to add something to it. I want a "Component Start" trigger. Right now, I can't play a sound (or do anything) based on when a player starts to interact with an object, only when they're done. (Likewise, I can't start a sound when a player enters combat, only when they complete it.)

Right now, I'm having to make do with placemarkers, but of course, that isn't that great. The sound plays when you get near the box, not when you're opening it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by raphaeldisanto on

Comments

• Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    None of those "What I'd like to see" Posts EVER get a sticky :(
    Mine is now buried on page 3 or 4 by now. I had the % things I'd like to see... Go hit it up and Bump it back to page one ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No, there was one a while back. And it was stickied, too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I found it!

It's here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For now, make the interactable a contact. Example for a lever to open a door. Have them click on the lever, response 1 is "pull lever to open door". Then you can trigger the sound with the next dialogue prompt.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Eh, there's workarounds sure, but none of them actually give me the in-game camera view of the player interacting with an object while a sound plays. I'm just skipping the sound part for now. It's not that important.

Still annoying that I can't start sound when combat starts though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    encaitar29encaitar29 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The sticky is surley gone but I wonder if that's intended by the mods or a possible oversight. It would be a shame if the community suggestions are now over (or at least for now are over) for the Foundry assets.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it helps us be unencumbered with the idea that they are actually reading all of our suggestions.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?