test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will doorways always open?

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I have in part of the quest I'm setting up an area where you get a key item that drops from an interactable item. Then you use that key to open a locked door. All the other doors in the quest set up like this work fine, but last night one of them was not opening for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because there was a trap too close to the door or if the door was 'blocked' by the terrain on the other side since there's a little bit of a hill in the terrain just outside of the door. I would think an animated door should just open fine... so maybe it was the trap? How close can traps be to doorways? Do doorways 'care' if there's stuff right on the other side of them that might block the hinges swinging open?
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Okay, so here's the thing. You don't keep the key indefinitely in your inventory. So if you have logged out of the game and back in or something like that, you need to go get the key again. If you've gone to a different map, it can vanish then, too.

What I do is set an object just for myself right beside the door (or other thing that requires an object) and give myself the object again. Remember to remove it before publishing, though (I remove it before moving on to the next map, myself--too easy for ME to forget).
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    The foundry was acting glitchy a bit last night since I was doing a lot of editing and jumping in and out of the 3d view a lot, so maybe that was some sort of bug or something... I'll have to try it again tonight. it should have worked since the room the key is found in is the same room that the door was in...
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure about the exact details of your problem, but I can assure you that terrain doesn't block doors from opening. They simply clip into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]