test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to add content from in 3d view? Library proposal.

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I see that copy/paste works nice in 3d view, but would like to know if it's possible to actually add stuff from in there to test what it looks like, etc.? My suspicion is that it's not possible. It's annoying having to wait for scene to load/unload, etc. to hop back and forth between play mode and foundry to see sizes of stuff.

I'm thinking about making some 'test rooms' that will have like one of everything in it... like all platforms in one room, next to all stairwells in another, next to all furniture in another, etc. til maxed out on budget for the story... then a second story that has where that one left off, etc.

I know there's a max on what all can be put in to any module, but I suspect a few 'test rooms' like this would be helpful to the community as well as myself to visually see what all the whatever category looks like visually in the 3d environment so it's easier to remember names of stuff, and what's what as far as what will look nice - a sort of 'museum or library' of sorts...

Has anyone else done something like this yet? Wouldn't want to recreate the wheel.
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's one of the changes coming with the next update. We will be able to add objects directly from the 3d mode. Very cool. They're also working on a free floating camera too.
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    DM's Studio has a bunch of "showrooms" for some of the more interesting objects.

I agree, switching back and forth is kind of a pain. When I'm adding stuff, I usually add a whole bunch of items, and then go to 3D to pick the one I like, and position it.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4