test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big Mobs... and Unique Mobs like Dragons?

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
How do you create huge monsters? I'm assuming you put the npc in to advanced editor mode and go from there... but having never played with the advance editor any yet, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips, tricks, etc. on it's use and what all can be done with it.

Creatures I'm really wanting to make would be stuff like huge end boss dragons, fire elementals, etc.
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You can't really, there are some elementals, or elemantal-ish mobs you can go by though. But large ones, not really. There are Giants but that's the biggest they come as, atleast to my knowledge.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Advanced Editor basically just lets you fiddle around with sizes, which when used by the inexperienced turns your regular NPCs into lovecraftian abominations.

Making a giant Dragon is impossible, basically all you can do is make a big version of any humanoid NPC. (As far as I'm aware, even with Advanced Editor, the Height is the only thing you can change on animals and that's usually at max anyway)
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    In some tuturial video I saw on youtube the other day there was a baby dragon npc. what's the actual 'name' of that if you filter keywords to find it?
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    artgod wrote: »
    In some tuturial video I saw on youtube the other day there was a baby dragon npc. what's the actual 'name' of that if you filter keywords to find it?

Dragonling 1
    Dragonling 2
    Dragonling 3
    Dragonling 4
  • remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is a way to make large NPC's but it can only be done on humanoid monsters which excludes spiders. Basically, when you go to customize your NPC in the simple mode there is something called Base Height and it has a slider. By default it should be at max, but if it isn't you can raise it to the max to scale the NPC. However, if the slider is already maxed out and you are trying to make the NPC smaller, moving that slider in any direction will cause the NPC base height to be completely reset and there is no way to go back without restarting a new NPC from scratch. Meaning that no matter what you do after, the NPC will always be smaller than what you started with.

The second part of scaling involes you going into the advanced mode and manually tweaking the lengths of chest, arms and legs. If you tweak everything proportionally, you essentially have something like this:

(Base Height x 2) + ((Arm Lenght * 1/2) + (Chest Length x 1/2) + (Leg Length * 1/2)) = Final Base Height

So the max possible height that you can achieve is three and a half times the original NPC.

*NOTE: If you are trying to scale up and the Base Height slider is at max already do not touch it at any cost. The only time you touch it is if you want to scale down or the slider is siting at half distance, 50%.