test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Fix Castle Never

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It's the only real end-game dungeon in the game, and I'd really like to play it. But every group only wants to skip half of it.

It's pretty easy. Devs: make level 60 toons. Gear them out. Join a few pugs. Watch how the exploits are done, and fix them.

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    truer Words have never been spoken, i mean how hard can it be to set up a copple of invisible walls etc...
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Join a guild then
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And when you use the public queue, you always get in an instance where half of the people are missing, the first boss has been killed, and nothing has been cleared, because of rogues running to unlock campfires. That's the quite popular "ring farm". It's now impossible to test a new build in a pug... Lame.
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited July 2013
    Joined my first PUG the other day, we cleared everything. So, yeah... there are still very good players in this game that are not bound by guilds. Needle in the hay.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    It's the only real end-game dungeon in the game, and I'd really like to play it. But every group only wants to skip half of it.

It's pretty easy. Devs: make level 60 toons. Gear them out. Join a few pugs. Watch how the exploits are done, and fix them.

Thanks.

If they "fix" the shortcuts in CN the game will die. *FACT*

With taking the short cuts and finishing the boss it takes about an hour, give or take 15 minutes depending on hangups. To me an hour in a dungeon is TOO long for the quality of loot table that neverwinter has. When you get t1 junk loot for a top end t2 dungeon is absurd.

I have ran CN legit and it took 3 hours to complete. This is silly if it is going to have the same loot table. No one will want to run it and you'll get lots of players leaving half way in and you'll have to start over because you can't replace members who leave.

Just plain silly to spend 3 hours in a dungeon for garbage potential. An item that sells for 10k or less on the AH.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    I cant understand people crying about groups skipping some mobs.

If you really want to go for an all clear run (for whatever reason) then get 4 people that want to do exactly that and dont join pugs/zone chat groups or similar.

Also i run CN legit in less than an hour, so its really not long and you get 1 GUARANTEED best in slot item for one class to roll on, not like any other dungeon where it only drops every 5th run or something.

Every boss dropping best in slot items and you are crying about loot table?

You guys just leave me speechless..
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tancred300 wrote: »

If you really want to go for an all clear run (for whatever reason) then get 4 people that want to do exactly that and dont join pugs/zone chat groups or similar.

Also i run CN legit in less than an hour, so its really not long and you get 1 GUARANTEED best in slot item for one class to roll on, not like any other dungeon where it only drops every 5th run or something.

Belts are not best in slot .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    For all you who say "game will die if they fix", I call BS. Skippers are the same people who "skip on" to the next game anyway. Those who will stick with this game for the longterm are those who like to take their time, explore, and enjoy. Those of us who have played the other D&D games for console and PC over and over dozens of times. So yeah, they should fix it because we are their long term player base.
  • keiran25keiran25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    For all you who say "game will die if they fix", I call BS. Skippers are the same people who "skip on" to the next game anyway. Those who will stick with this game for the longterm are those who like to take their time, explore, and enjoy. Those of us who have played the other D&D games for console and PC over and over dozens of times. So yeah, they should fix it because we are their long term player base.

+1 like a trillion times, you wanna grind the same boss a hundred times for slightely bigger coloured numbers, go play WoW.
    Campaign - Fortune Favors the Brave
    *Currently down for a fabulous all expenses paid make over! Converting your tabletop game is certainly a labor of love!*

Will play, test, and review any and all Foundry quests, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423981-Anybody-need-play-through-s

"Paranoia is such a childish emotion....your an ADULT for f***s sake, why aren't all your enemies dead by now?!"
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I agree with you here. It's like having 2 roads. You can either take the longer road or the shorter road. Most people prefer the shorter one because most people don't have alot of gaming time or just don't wanna spend hours in one dungeon.
  • rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I agree 100% with the original poster.... I will be sooo glad when they fix all these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> exploits and speed loops. And the game wont die becuase they fix it lol...Speed runners will stop playing and less ppl will have T2 top gear but thats it. An the speed runners all already have their T2 gear. And the price is already absurd for T2 so i doubt it can go up anymore than it is. Right now I would have to pay about 1Million AD for a T2 miracle healer , plus enough for the soulforged and vorpal which is prob another 1mill AD....

And FYI if you wanna stop it.. Keep reporting it, and keep putting it out there that its b.s. and needs to be fixed. if enough ppl complain and make it public it will get fixed.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait for all the CN loots to get jacked up in price when they implement this :D
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It takes over an hour to complete this **** place even after doing all of the exploits. How wrong does that sound?
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It takes over an hour to complete this **** place even after doing all of the exploits. How wrong does that sound?

You clearly haven't played Aion then .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am always up for a full clear of Castle Never, shoot me a tell on Mindflayer...
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seriously, has anyone finished CN without expoit? :mad:
    i joined a party last night, i was so excited because its my first time, but i was so dissapointed skipping/hopping over adds and boss

WTF i thought CN exploits are over. come on devs.. No wonder prices at AH are getting sick
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013

it is still unfair. they getting rich while others who play fair are not
    this is really a dumb thinking letting a game to have exploits? lol
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well as long as they don't work on new campfire mechanics and don't nerf rogue perma stealth builds so that monsters can kick their hidden asses when they try to activate or unlock something without clearing anything, no fix will actually work.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    seriously, has anyone finished CN without expoit? :mad:
    i joined a party last night, i was so excited because its my first time, but i was so dissapointed skipping/hopping over adds and boss

WTF i thought CN exploits are over. come on devs.. No wonder prices at AH are getting sick

"Hopping over adds and boss"

I think you are full of it. Hopping over adds and boss? lol Lying and making stuff up without actually knowing what you are talking about isn't going to do anything to help your case. Hopping over adds and boss..
  • kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2013
    Same BS as guild wars 2. How interesting killing trash mobs can be for some people. Let me know after you complete CN 100+ times if you still want a full clear run.
  • farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

Thanks.

CN can only be beaten with two very skilled CW's. Gearscore means nothing for them it just matters on how well they can work together to push adds off the cliff. The fight is impossible with one of every class. OR if it is the fight itself will go like this. GWF and GF kite adds to CW. CW, AOE pushes adds off cliff. Rogue solos Draco and DC spreads out healing hoping to not get threat. And if the fight is done that way it will take 3 times as long as the double CW approach. Alternate to that is the Three CW or even the 4 CW approach.

The problem is the adds not the CW's if adds where eaker. pushing would be less needed.