test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do I get messages in French and German

utaniautania Member Posts: 99
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Every message I get seems to be in the Language of the person generating that message rather than in the users language.

So if somebody wins a nightmare horse it's often in the wrong language.
If somebody outbids me I sometimes get the mail in german.
I've also seen in some of the skirmish cutscenes the names of the mobs be in the wrong language

Seems a really poor choice in internationalising your product, is this a bug in the list of things to address?

Oh and your forum can't even parse the German characters and ignores noparse option

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Because the localisation code is totally. Freaking. Lame. When someone triggers an event, it looks up the localised version of the event message for the player that triggered it, and then broadcasts that to all eligible players. What it should do is broadcast the event to all eligible clients, which then looks up the localised event texts appropriately per-client. This is such a no-brainer that it's hilarious.

What this means, in effect, is that if a French player triggers a boss cut scene, everyone else in the party will see the cut scene titled in French, rather than their own language, for example.

It's such a simple bug, and so hilariously inept. It should have been fixed back in actual beta (as opposed to soft-launch "beta"). The mind boggles why it hasn't been. Any sort of QA at all would spot it right away. I dread to think if it's terrible project management prioritisation or grisly mess of unmaintainable code that is to blame here.

I don't think I've ever seen localisation done this badly in anything.