test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RoE or EF in Tab for PvP?

skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Library
Just looking for opinions here...I'm not sold on either one in particular at the moment. I've been running RoE in Tab lately but I'm going to switch back to EF when the servers come back up just to test it out. (And for some reason I can't break myself of the habit of hitting Tab before anything else :P)

So what do the masses think, hm?
Post edited by skyewolf1 on

Comments

• soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have some parses for RoE and IR in tab in another thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?381592-Which-passives-and-offensive-runes-are-you-using-for-PvP.

I've been running IR ever since that last parse result and it's been great. Got a crit for 15k on a rogue before the server's went down.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I prefer RoE in tab for PvP.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, when I respeced I didn't include IR in my Powers :/ I've been reading a lot about it lately though so I might give it a try. I still have my founders pack respec.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ive changed from ROE to IRays. It is more effective now.

I run with IR in tab, ROE, EF and Chillstrike.three stuns and a debuff.

Yes it takes a while to use a new rotation. Have tried shield and repel and keep coming back this kitout.
  • threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    IR here as well. Tried going with conduit since I'm thaum specced but it just doesn't seem to work that well in pvp. So RoE with CS and EF while IR is in tab. Oh and RoF as primary at-will o_O. Seems to work surprisingly well.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I got neither.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've had no success at all with IR in tab in PvP. Mileage obviously varies! :)
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    IR here as well. Tried going with conduit since I'm thaum specced but it just doesn't seem to work that well in pvp. So RoE with CS and EF while IR is in tab. Oh and RoF as primary at-will o_O. Seems to work surprisingly well.

Im glad you said that about Conduit. Im rene speccd and i know im going to win 1v1 vs a CW if they throw it on me.

I dont think its because they are thaum speccd or anything like that. I just dont think has enough burst to make it work. It could be they throw it too late in the rotation to take adavantage of the mitigation effect.
    edited July 2013
    davecheese wrote: »
    I've had no success at all with IR in tab in PvP. Mileage obviously varies! :)

I suggest you give it another try. Took some matches to get used to it. Its got a great stun. Has excellent burst against a target you have rayed and EF'd.

Its range is excellent. I have noticed if you fire the second shot within its range and the target dodges or moves out of range it still travels to them and even beyond LOS.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I suggest you give it another try. Took some matches to get used to it. Its got a great stun. Has excellent burst against a target you have rayed and EF'd.

Its range is excellent. I have noticed if you fire the second shot within its range and the target dodges or moves out of range it still travels to them and even beyond LOS.

That's because IR can't be dodged/avoided. The only immunity from it would be the CC effect if IoC or Unstoppable is up, etc on your target. Damage will still hit.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited July 2013
    Neither, its icy rays for me, CoI in encounter as debuff
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neither, its icy rays for me, CoI in encounter as debuff

What a fat nerd ^
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There should be no argument about this. RoE is the Arcane Singularity of PvP.

Why would you tab CoI, EF or Icy Rays in PvP when you already get the best out of these powers untabbed? Tabbed CoI has increased range and generates chill. It's nice for freezing players at low levels but in end-game how is that comparable to an extra nuke charge as well as a debuff that significantly improves the DPS of every member on your team? Tabbed Icy Rays simply gives you a bit more damage compared to normal Icy Rays. How is that comparable to significantly increased group DPS + an extra nuke charge? Tabbed EF... why would you even consider this for PvP? In the off chance that players from the other team decides to stand very close to each other?
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    edited July 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »

Why would you tab CoI, EF or Icy Rays in PvP when you already get the best out of these powers untabbed? Tabbed CoI has increased range and generates chill. It's nice for freezing players at low levels but in end-game how is that comparable to an extra nuke charge as well as a debuff that significantly improves the DPS of every member on your team? Tabbed Icy Rays simply gives you a bit more damage compared to normal Icy Rays. How is that comparable to significantly increased group DPS + an extra nuke charge? Tabbed EF... why would you even consider this for PvP? In the off chance that players from the other team decides to stand very close to each other?

I used ROE in tab right up until a week ago. I pvpd everyday. After the heavy nerf to ROE i found myself being less effective.

I switched in icyrays into tab and found it far more powerful in dealing with the newly buffed melee. The choice for a rene is repel or shield. Neither is a great finisher unlike icerays which stuns, follows the target out of LOS, gives combat advantage to you and team mates on target, denies the GWF the ability to hit their Iwin button.

Icyrays has 50% increased damage in and produces quality crits with combat advantage on EFd or chillstriked targets. Dont forget if you fire both shots off at one target its deals signifigantly more damage.

Try it. You might like it.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

After trying it out I have to agree. The overall effect of tabbed EF (especialy for AP generation) only works well on mobs and even on mobs lately I'm more likely to slot Chill Strike in Tab over it. I switched back to RoE in tab (with EF, Chill Strike and CoI slotted encounters with MM and RoF at wills) and seem to be having more success lately now that I'm at least used to the rotation. Ice Knife for my daily and Singularity for the off chance I happen to have a daily up if the group gets overwhelmed. Gotta say I don't use singularity much in PvP though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

Edited to add: I might give IR a try if I feel like respecing again just to see since there are so many who seem to favor it over RoE in tab these days.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Shard in Tab is much more fun imho.
    edited July 2013
    You're actually trading 50% more damage on just a single power for an extra nuke charge that also happens to increase the DPS of all your allies attacking your target? A nuke charge that significantly improves the damage of all your other skills, so the total damage you do is higher? I spend a lot of my time PvPing as my CW. There is just no comparison, especially considering how untabbed Icy Rays already has everything that makes the power a great PvP power.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Except the nuke charge is totally useless in PvP if it hits an immune target or there is a cleric nearby to cleanse your target. Tabbed RoE is now inferior, period. Besides which, there are now bugs with it being in the Tab slot, that are worse than the Recovery bug that IR has in the Tab slot.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
    edited July 2013
    Except the nuke charge is totally useless in PvP if it hits an immune target or there is a cleric nearby to cleanse your target. Tabbed RoE is now inferior, period. Besides which, there are now bugs with it being in the Tab slot, that are worse than the Recovery bug that IR has in the Tab slot
    Seriously. Would it have been any different if you used Icy Rays on an immune target? Would Icy Rays have been any more useful than RoE when cleansed by a cleric?

Learn to think. At least with RoE you get two charges, so you can reapply the debuff, or use it on someone else besides control-immunes. I repeat, tabbed RoE is the Arcane Singularity of PvP. There is absolutely no comparison. The thing about putting a spell on your tab skill is that doing so mostly just gives the spell a useful effect for PvE. RoE is unique in that tabbing it gives you significant burst + a powerful debuff. It also happens to be the most unique thing we bring into group PvP, besides our various control powers. No other class can aim a debuff at you that basically makes it so that even a cleric can one-shot you.
    edited July 2013
    Seriously. Would it have been any different if you used Icy Rays on an immune target? Would Icy Rays have been any more useful than RoE when cleansed by a cleric?

Learn to think. At least with RoE you get two charges, so you can reapply the debuff, or use it on someone else besides control-immunes. I repeat, tabbed RoE is the Arcane Singularity of PvP. There is absolutely no comparison. The thing about putting a spell on your tab skill is that doing so mostly just gives the spell a useful effect for PvE. RoE is unique in that tabbing it gives you significant burst + a powerful debuff. It also happens to be the most unique thing we bring into group PvP, besides our various control powers. No other class can aim a debuff at you that basically makes it so that even a cleric can one-shot you.

Geez your getting all fiesty about this. Let me ask you a question. Have you even tried it to compare the difference.

I use one burst of ROE. The difference is icyrays in the tab slot helps make it a great finisher
    I dont think you read my post where i said i also PVP every day and up until recently i used ROE in tab. I then opened my mind to the posibility that there could be a more effective power in tab. My kill count has gone up. I now feel more effective......

You have not said once that you have used it. You just shoot it down.