test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extremely Low Quality of Tech Support

tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

I am sorry to say this, but you people seriously need to look into improving the quality of your tech support. Train them more, hire better people, whatever works for you. I recently submitted a ticket, and I'll share with you just how bad it is below. I know I am not supposed to post the response I got from tech support, so I am not going to do that, but just share some of the general fail points.

First, a little bit background on my issue. My problem was that when starting launcher, there is no window showing up. There is an icon in the system tray, but there is no window. So I submitted a ticket with detailed description to the problem, and the things that I've tried to resolve it without success.

1. It is grossly obvious that the response was copied and pasted. Sure, if you get a ticket that says "Aaaaaah, my computer doesn't work, what do I do????", go ahead and copy-paste your default response. But my ticket was detailed with description and my attempts to fix it, how does copy-paste help in any way?

2. My issue was that launcher was not showing a window, and the response I got suggested some obvious solutions that are not for my problem. For example, logging in using a different character, reboot network equipment, check server maintenance, click on options in the launcher window (NO LAUNCHER WINDOW), hitting some key after the yellow bar is loaded (NO LAUNCHER WINDOW, HELLO???), check the forum for game updates (huh??).

3. At the very end of the response, it said if I need further help, reply or open a new ticket (why?) with what I tried to resolve the problem, what changes to the software did I make, and what errors did I get, which are all included in my original ticket description.

4. In the section where suggestion to reboot the network equipment is made, there were words like "boxes of magic tech", "push pixels", "slay network packets". I am sorry, were you trying to be funny? I need tech support here.

My ticket submission, at this point, is a waste of time. And again, I wish you guys would take this and improve it so that at the very least I could get some constructive suggestions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with what you're saying. I've lost a few things through mail bugs. 75 enchants in a mail simply vanished when I hit take items. I got the standard "We closed your ticket due to too many tickets in the queue...". I haven't had a helpful answer yet, beyond them saying they are looking into an exploit report.

To fix-
    "Right click Launcher and go to properties
    Change run normal window to maximize
    Apply + ok
    Try launching again

After you get it to successfully launch this way, you can go back and change it to normal window. "

From some other thread. Not sure if you got it fixed, so posting helpful ideas.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?353261-Launcher-Position-value-in-registry-can-place-window-off-screen
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thx for the fix, I eventually stumbled upon it after seeing their not very helpful response.
  • koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol I waited 18 days to get an auto response to a "Stuck" ticket I submitted.

They said they would look in to it.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with what you're saying. I've lost a few things through mail bugs. 75 enchants in a mail simply vanished when I hit take items. I got the standard "We closed your ticket due to too many tickets in the queue...". I haven't had a helpful answer yet, beyond them saying they are looking into an exploit report.

To fix-
    "Right click Launcher and go to properties
    Change run normal window to maximize
    Apply + ok
    Try launching again

After you get it to successfully launch this way, you can go back and change it to normal window. "

From some other thread. Not sure if you got it fixed, so posting helpful ideas.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?353261-Launcher-Position-value-in-registry-can-place-window-off-screen

Yep, I agree as well. Too many things that are starting to irritate me in this game. PVP is a joke, people use legal exploitation methods to win matches, and PW does nothing to fix it. Support is terrible I'm starting to long for something new to play, like maybe Elder Scrolls? I'm not done yet, but I'm feeling less and less enchanted by this game.