test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifedrinker question

cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So if I use an aoe power (I am GWF) do I get the necrotic damage and healing from each enemy hit or just one time? Thanks for the info, if it works on multiple I would think this enchant is pretty amazing...
Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
Post edited by cribstaxxx on

Comments

• Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure it's from each enemy.
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's based off your weapon damage so you're not going to be healing for much regardless.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    krazeiefurykrazeiefury Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I also hear it's a agro magnet. If you can't take the hit you might wanna think about not using it. I was thinking about using it or a few other ones like the Fireball one. I ended up settleing with souldforge for the moment. It's already saved my *** a few times.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I also hear it's a agro magnet. If you can't take the hit you might wanna think about not using it. I was thinking about using it or a few other ones like the Fireball one. I ended up settleing with souldforge for the moment. It's already saved my *** a few times.

Pretty sure you're thinking about Bloodtheft, which is an armor enchantment.
  • Options
    jesu86jesu86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    So if I use an aoe power (I am GWF) do I get the necrotic damage and healing from each enemy hit or just one time? Thanks for the info, if it works on multiple I would think this enchant is pretty amazing...

You will just deal 4.4% extra dmg from your main hand weapon, whenever you use a power, not with each hit, the damage just gets added up, the healing is VERY small, it heals for 50-60dmg on each power hit, I regret using a coal ward to get this enchant..

As for the aggro, i can't really tell, not having any aggro issues even before I used it.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    its only worth it with a greater or perfect
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    is the heal affected by any stats? Seems like its a little lack luster compared to vorpal/plague fire... I have a greater of this and not quite sure if I like it or not...
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    is the heal affected by any stats? Seems like its a little lack luster compared to vorpal/plague fire... I have a greater of this and not quite sure if I like it or not...

No, it's based off of your Weapon's Dmg, so even with the Best sword (Ancient Castle) you'll only hit VERY VERY small but in your case you have a greater whichis...7%? so like.. 50-70s, I think Perfect is only 9% not even a 10%. and IIRC when I had 1 on my Sword it only did single target swing or it just wasn't noticeable much, not sure though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The only thing to think about here is the additive results from stacking life steal and regen + lifedrinker. So if you havea 950 weapon and a greater is what 7%, your healing 66 everytime you swing your weapon. While its doesnt seem like alot, one quick combo = 240-300 hp back really quick, while its not a deal breaker, over a 1v1 battle it can add up to 1000s of healing during the fight. Now to mention it helps tene enchants because it is based on your current HP, so it synergises well with that...

Alough it doesnt seem like it compares well to greater plague fire reducing defense by 45%, seems like each swing will do a couple hundred more damage through that... The only other offensive boost that comes close or beats that is vorpal which I dont know if thats fixed yet with tene enchants...

does anyone know if lifedrinker heals PER HIT (meaning in aoe dmg it is amazing) or if its just once per attack? Seems like on an AoE character, it could be very very good since it will heal all the time....
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Mine heals per hit when I use Enforced threat so it seems it does deal for every mob hit. Sadly the heal is minor at the best of times. But yes be aware it is an aggro magnet.
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Alough it doesnt seem like it compares well to greater plague fire reducing defense by 45%, seems like each swing will do a couple hundred more damage through that... The only other offensive boost that comes close or beats that is vorpal which I dont know if thats fixed yet with tene enchants...

GPF is not 45%. Before the nerf, it was 15% constantly and stacks only added extra dot dmg.
    Post nerf it is +3% per stack for +9% total.

Also on 0 DR target, it's gives +9% damage.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    GPF is not 45%. Before the nerf, it was 15% constantly and stacks only added extra dot dmg.
    Post nerf it is +3% per stack for +9% total.

Also on 0 DR target, it's gives +9% damage.

Huh, interesting. Thanks.

So lifedrinker vs plaguefire... still seems plague will add alot of damage...
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Huh, interesting. Thanks.

So lifedrinker vs plaguefire... still seems plague will add alot of damage...

Imho, Vorpal is the best option, at least for GWF.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    Imho, Vorpal is the best option, at least for GWF.

Unless you use Tene, its still unannounced if the glitch is fixed...

Also it would be interesting to look at holy avenger. The weapon damage is very high on the perfect and the DR is really good too...