test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queuing for Dungeons 2/5 "Red"

bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Often times while queuing the dungeon finder will pop up, showing 2/5 or 3/5 people immediately "red"--their icons redded out. Are these people instantly rejecting the queue? Or are they somehow disconnected? Because if I join a 2/5 Red group, only 3 people are available and the remaining two slots pretty much never get filled.

As I said it happens quite often and even after leaving the party and re-queuing for the instance, the same exact request pops up immediately asking me if I want to join the same 2/5 Red group. If these are people rejecting, how and why are they instantly rejecting and requeuing for the same dungeons. Additionally, it would be nice to "pass" on this group and attempt to queue for a new group for the same dungeon. If I reject a 2/5 red Spellplague, I'm off the queue. If I re-queue, I get the same group. There's not an option to choose another group for the same dungeon until the 2/5 problem fixes itself. :(
2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
Post edited by bananachef on

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    Often times while queuing the dungeon finder will pop up, showing 2/5 or 3/5 people immediately "red"--their icons redded out. Are these people instantly rejecting the queue? Or are they somehow disconnected? Because if I join a 2/5 Red group, only 3 people are available and the remaining two slots pretty much never get filled.

As I said it happens quite often and even after leaving the party and re-queuing for the instance, the same exact request pops up immediately asking me if I want to join the same 2/5 Red group. If these are people rejecting, how and why are they instantly rejecting and requeuing for the same dungeons. Additionally, it would be nice to "pass" on this group and attempt to queue for a new group for the same dungeon. If I reject a 2/5 red Spellplague, I'm off the queue. If I re-queue, I get the same group. There's not an option to choose another group for the same dungeon until the 2/5 problem fixes itself. :(

It's been this way for the last 5 days or so on virtually every dungeon .
    The queueing system is severely broken , no wonder most folks are now using the chat system or their guilds to create a party .
    Creating tickets doesn't seem to help either .
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea someone exited game in an instance and then always I queued for it I joined his party with him being offline. It's part of same bug that sometimes everyone leaves your party and you are stuck inside instance instead of porting you out imo. And other people are canceling when they see it's same queue they are joining as b4.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well it's bloody infuriating trying to do the last dungeon and you can't get a full team together to attempt the dungeon .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    BUMP !!!!

What are the chances that a GM or Dev would actually read these postings and give a statement regarding this seriously broken feature of this game .

For a major feature of the game to be so broken and reported for days without any apparent reply back from Cryptic / PWE seriously beggars belief that they keep trying to push new paid for content but apparently ignoring the broken issues doesn't bode well for the future .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump AGAIN
  • Options
    s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pelgrax wrote: »
    What are the chances that a GM or Dev would actually read these postings and give a statement regarding this seriously broken feature of this game .

No, it's very important to ignore an issue that completely destroys all the endgame content (which isn't much to begin with) for a player without a guild.

So let me get this straight: We have "Dungeon Delves-Rewards" which encourages players to complete as many dungeons in a 1 hour timeframe as they can, effectively lowering the queue-times to about 10-20 minutes.
    Forget about doing dungeons outside of Dungeon Delves, the reward is meh and the queue-time is completely insane.

Ok, so that's anywhere from 3-6 chances to get into a dungeon while Dungeon Delves is going on. It obviously varies, but for an hour that's not much.
    Now imagine that every single one of those queues is broken, they just don't work because there's always someone who declined the queue. (Im guessing nobody actually declined, it's probably disconnected partymembers and partyleaders who don't know that they are ruining the queue-system.)

Please, for the love of god, fix your queue-system.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump. 10 char.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Dont the 2 red spots mean. only GWF,TR,CW players want to do the dungeon?
    Like no GF and no Cleric que'ing so always 2 red spots.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A possible solution, IMO, would be to add variations on the regular dungeons meant for 3 people, or to otherwise ease up on the number and type of enemies if the queue can't gather the requisite 5 people. Another option would be to allow people to specify that they are willing to group up even if a certain class is not present - like I could click a box that says "I'm willing to join a team that doesn't have a GF or TR" or somesuch...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its not a priority because it doesnt involve real money.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bump to this again , how long until we even get an acknowledgement that the devs are even investigating this issue .
    Instead of fixes we get a new event which is basically worthless .
    It seems that no amount of bug reports / forum postings seem to get any acknowledgement - a reply would at least be a good start so that we know they are looking at it and therefore just need to bide our time .
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pelgrax wrote: »
    Bump to this again , how long until we even get an acknowledgement that the devs are even investigating this issue .
    Instead of fixes we get a new event which is basically worthless .
    It seems that no amount of bug reports / forum postings seem to get any acknowledgement - a reply would at least be a good start so that we know they are looking at it and therefore just need to bide our time .

How about making boss loot better, and giving make the DD chest reward something else? Then more reason to run dungeons allt he time! (maybe this will also help with the the queue system as more people will be queuing all the time?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Dont the 2 red spots mean. only GWF,TR,CW players want to do the dungeon?
    Like no GF and no Cleric que'ing so always 2 red spots.

Now this might be the real issue right there ^

I wonder if we can get some of the developers to answer to this thread .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually I thought that just meant they were marked as afk, have had the red cross change to a green tick on occassion so assumed they were marked as afk then came back.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Didn't want to start another Queue system thread so just jumping on the most recently commented one..

Please fix this horrible queue system, I mean seriously its absolutely awful.
    In todays DD I waited 3 times for 20mins only to load up the instance and someone leave straight away or one leave then one enter..an then leave again..like a merry go round of leavers

I didn't get one dungeon done during that event..

This and many other issues are just beginning to turn your game into an absolute farce..
  • Options
    sindrelasindrela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would love to do more dungeon's as my low lev cleric, but Q puts me off, when I finally did get into a group, all it resulted in was a group that ran at full sprint through dungeon, yelling what spells to cast and was very little fun.

Now I just turn around and ask my mate to take me through dungions my level, on his high level, I get to see the whole dungeon, enjoy it kill everything and keep the blue drops :) tower fistrict dungeon is rather lovely when you explore all of it opening all the chests and look at the scenery.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I noticed this happening a lot with Fardelver Crypt, which makes less sense- if you're at the last phase of GG, and are in there, there's not a lot that you could be up to. They're instant reds, so not the more understandable "been queueing for an hour, and currently afk having a pee". I do wonder if there isn't something amiss in the queue system.

The last time I did Fardelver, it was with a four person PUG, actually. What's more, the chest failed to open- ho hum.

Edit: Also, it would be great if you could bring people in, to replace quitters or fill empty slots. Other games solved the possible loot twinking issues by only letting people loot a boss if they were in combat with it when it died.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I noticed this happening a lot with Fardelver Crypt, which makes less sense- if you're at the last phase of GG, and are in there, there's not a lot that you could be up to. They're instant reds, so not the more understandable "been queueing for an hour, and currently afk having a pee". I do wonder if there isn't something amiss in the queue system.

The last time I did Fardelver, it was with a four person PUG, actually. What's more, the chest failed to open- ho hum.

Edit: Also, it would be great if you could bring people in, to replace quitters or fill empty slots. Other games solved the possible loot twinking issues by only letting people loot a boss if they were in combat with it when it died.

The fact they are instant has nothing to do with which dungeon it is.

Usually the red is instant, too instant to be player choices. This is what lead me to believe it is because they are afk. Because its the game automatically posting them as red, not them clicking something to do it. I think this because I have seen it change from red to green. If you step afk and the game puts you into afk mode with the warning that you will dc in 5 mins THAT is what I think the instant reds (the ones that are already red) are. Then you come back, deactivate the afk thing, click to join dungeon and it changes you to green.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    The fact they are instant has nothing to do with which dungeon it is..

I did not asset causation; merely correlation.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There is a map error bug which fails to load the dungeon from the map you are on. As the player marked with a red cross a few times, you have no option to join, you are kicked from the party/queue immediately. When this happens to me, I go to a different area and re-queue from there. That normally solves the issue.
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sindrela2 wrote: »
    Would love to do more dungeon's as my low lev cleric, but Q puts me off, when I finally did get into a group, all it resulted in was a group that ran at full sprint through dungeon, yelling what spells to cast and was very little fun.

Now I just turn around and ask my mate to take me through dungeons my level, on his high level, I get to see the whole dungeon, enjoy it kill everything and keep the blue drops :) tower fistrict dungeon is rather lovely when you explore all of it opening all the chests and look at the scenery.

agreed. Ive been tanking on my low level, just trying to see every dungeon, and everyone runs ahead of me while i go search for chests and explore. I dont care though, i get insta queue pops as GF so they can run ahead and be ADD all they want.

For low levels or alts the problem is that the freaking quest for the area dungeon is the LAST QUEST in the zone. Yes i am getting on topic. If you queue at that point, since the queue is so slow and broken, you are in a new zone by the time it pops. Heck your probably halfway through the new zone by the time it pops. I dont want to do old content when im in a new zone. I want to focus on that zone. This is especially true in the first time through.