test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valindra Invasion feedback and questions.

neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Love this,
I know its only temporary but its a bit of fun and makes for a nice distraction and draws you into the story for those that like that sort of thing.

A question about the dogs and enchants; presumably when the event closes, you will no longer be able to get either the enchants or the dogs from other sources? If so then that's even better, the items that are being dropped and collected now could be kept and used as rares to trade and sell at later dates.
Post edited by neverhof on

Comments

• skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's nice to see someone else who's having fun :D. Yes I'll admit the hp for the mobs was a little low early this morning. I don't know if they've buffed them, if they were supposed to get harder as the even went on or if, now that there's less people on my instance one shotting stuff it just seems more difficult but whatever the case, it's new and it's fun. It's a little like whacking away at a pinata for prizes. :D
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The dog is a collector item to me. A "Remember when" item. People ***** too much about fun nowadays..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    It's nice to see someone else who's having fun :D. Yes I'll admit the hp for the mobs was a little low early this morning. I don't know if they've buffed them, if they were supposed to get harder as the even went on or if, now that there's less people on my instance one shotting stuff it just seems more difficult but whatever the case, it's new and it's fun. It's a little like whacking away at a pinata for prizes. :D
    The number of people/instance got halved. Less AOE means the mobs survive for 2 secs instead of 0.5 to 1sec. :P
    kwequa wrote: »
    The dog is a collector item to me. A "Remember when" item. People ***** too much about fun nowadays..
    I'm probably going to keep my blue dog. Won't equip it or use it, just horde it in my bank slots.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope they do end up as collector items. And then come up with a way to display your 'achievement' Cough* of obtaining one.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys it's your once in a lifetime chance to farm a skeleton dog.

It was obnoxious in RIFT, it's still obnoxious here.
  • crimsonconceptscrimsonconcepts Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    I think that the event is a neat idea, however a few thoughts on how to improve it:

1) Make creatures spawn at different times. The large group spawning in a circle is a one shot kill for AoE attacks, most people just stand around and miss any excitement.

2) Make them a bit tougher, or scale damage by level. Since this is an open area event, make damage all based on level which would mean that if it takes a level 5 character 10 hits to kill something, then a level 60 would also need to hit it 10 times.

3) A bit more explanation on the event. I like world events, but I can't find enough about what is going on. Everyone runs to the points stands in a circle and AOEs until everything is dead.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Please test my quests if you could...
    Crimsonconcepts:
    Emberbaths Planning - NW-DGU6CYPV4
    Fires Within - Goblin Attack (Part 1 of 5) - NW-DUXPXBR29
  • settes31settes31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the other hand - what is a purpose to open 5 portals in instances where is a 10 players? I don't know if the rewards are according to the killed enemies, but I killed all who had appeared and all my rewards was enchantments rank 1 + one scroll.
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    The Hulks are the key, they are the ones who drop sometimes bags of bones. Haven't seen any other undead who dropped them.
  • settes31settes31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, thanks for info. Unfortunately there was no Hulk from "my" portal. :(

The amount of waves was a little bit lower then normally.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am blasting the **** out of those portals and having a cracky good time doing it.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • hellgod3hellgod3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Question just started today and wondering how long is the beta test going be open. I mean after all its just to test the system how it is going be? Also, After it is closed how long would it take to make the game live?
  • choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hellgod3 wrote: »
    Question just started today and wondering how long is the beta test going be open. I mean after all its just to test the system how it is going be? Also, After it is closed how long would it take to make the game live?

The beta ends (and the game starts) this month on the 20. Think of it as a pre-release with feedback for bugs.

This Valindra event is for celebrating the end of beta.
  • choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm wondering who gets the drops from Wights and Hulks. Obviously you need to hit them (not so easy with all those people pushing mobs everywhere) but is it easier to get the bag of bones if you deal the killing blow? What if you damage them a lot?
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    choranth wrote: »
    I'm wondering who gets the drops from Wights and Hulks. Obviously you need to hit them (not so easy with all those people pushing mobs everywhere) but is it easier to get the bag of bones if you deal the killing blow? What if you damage them a lot?

Rogues. They do such spike dmg that they can solo the hulks sometimes before other people hit them. I'm not complaining though, as a cleric I at least have access to 2-4 AOE spells and an AOE daily.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, they DO listen to us. The fightes are getting harder and its really fun. I like the night-time cycle too. gj guys
    twitch.tv/kaligold