test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you forcing me to spawn camp the other team?

llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So me and my guild we like to pvp alot, obviously we are going to win alot vs pugs because we are more organized, and therefore the opponent will just stay in base.

Now me personally, i dont like spawn camping, i just run around untill time passes by, then the match ends, im with 0/0 stats and i get NO REWARD, just because i refused to spawn camp my enemy?
Post edited by llantiss on

Comments

• assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Haha so you want glory for no effort HAHAHAS
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried. I tried really hard to understand how this is a valid post. But I failed. Regardless of how good your premade is, you will get points SOMEHOW. 0/0 does not happen unless you stand there and do nothing. Even sneezing on the enemy gets you 25 points for an assist. Even if their entire 5 man group never leaves their base, how would you manage to not participate in at least ONE of the three base caps?

So I am sorry, but I am calling BS here. Going 0/0 on a winning team is entirely your fault.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think your forcing yourself to spawn camp the enemy base by playing in a premade tbh.

I mean I see no problems with people grouping to do pvp but you can't expect the enemy to give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about fighting against you when you are well coordinated and they stand no chance.
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe i was exaggerating, even tho it really did happen (I was afk for the start, missed both spawn/middle caps, and my team already killed all).

but even still, lets say i get our flag + middle flag, thats about 600pts, and im not going to spawn camp, thats like no glory at all.

so this brings me back to my OP, the devs are forcing me to spawn camp to get more points, furthermore they dont encourage competitive pvps.

I mean I don't care about bots that farm glory, its not like this system has stopped them, the bots nowdays are more smart, they are actually capable of going to different flags and spamming skills.
  • huevit0huevit0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    maybe i was exaggerating, even tho it really did happen (i was afk for the start, missed both spawn/middle caps, and my team already killed all).

but even still, lets say i get our flag + middle flag, thats about 600pts, and im not going to spawn camp, thats like no glory at all.

So this brings me back to my op, the devs are forcing me to spawn camp to get more points, furthermore they dont encourage competitive pvps.

I mean i don't care about bots that farm glory, its not like this system has stopped them, the bots nowdays are more smart, they are actually capable of going to different flags and spamming skills.

stop queuing afk.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    In a PvP match there is only 1 reward. For first in points the blue item you get. Nothing else is a reward. If you have to spawn camp to get this reward then that's what you got to do. Man up and slay ppl.
  • eyevan01eyevan01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So me and my guild we like to pvp alot, obviously we are going to win alot vs pugs because we are more organized, and therefore the opponent will just stay in base.

Now me personally, i dont like spawn camping, i just run around untill time passes by, then the match ends, im with 0/0 stats and i get NO REWARD, just because i refused to spawn camp my enemy?

Umm don't run in premades against PUGs. Match up with another Premade.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I actually sometimes sympathize with you guys with a full 5 premade. Most pugs roll over and melt when a few quick 4v2s wind up with them dead a few times. But by the same token, a lot of premades camp their healer, and dont break off even if a 1v1 presents itself.

Ill be curious to see a shard-merge with 20v20 and how premades handle rolling against another solid 5 man PLUS random other skilled players.

It's actually one of the things I am truly most excited about with Gauntlgrym.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eyevan01 wrote: »
    Umm don't run in premades against PUGs. Match up with another Premade.

this. +10000
  • kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    Maybe i was exaggerating, even tho it really did happen (I was afk for the start, missed both spawn/middle caps, and my team already killed all).

so this brings me back to my OP, the devs are forcing me to spawn camp to get more points, furthermore they dont encourage competitive pvps.

I mean I don't care about bots that farm glory, its not like this system has stopped them, the bots nowdays are more smart, they are actually capable of going to different flags and spamming skills.

Lol, why is it that every post that I have read of yours is moronic.... 1v1's don't determine anything, amirite?
    edited June 2013
    Lol, why is it that every post that I have read of yours is moronic.... 1v1's don't determine anything, amirite?

You must the only moronic guy here, not only you spew random ****, you don't even contribute anything to the thread, how about you gtfo back to your cave?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That being said for the premades of 2 and above NW should implement a separate queue option .
    edited June 2013
    You must the only moronic guy here, not only you spew random ****, you don't even contribute anything to the thread, how about you gtfo back to your cave?

Oh you don't remember your adamant arguement saying "being able to fight 1v1 doesn't determine anything?"

What am I suppose to contribute to a really intelligent post that encompasses someone queuing a premade, afk'n and missing any point captures and kills versus a pug. The pugs by this time they have either quit or afk in spawn while being killed. When the match ends you receive no credit because you contributed absolutely nothing. So you cry about receiving NO REWARD for contributing nothing. Smart OP..
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    That being said for the premades of 2 and above NW should implement a separate queue option .

As far as a separate queue for premades, could possibly be viable with server merges but even then there aren't enough guilds/groups being made for such a queue 24/7. That in part due to all sorts of current problems, ranging from lack of any viable rewards or leaderboard system, gear gaps, class imbalances.. You name it, its been b!tched about, so creating this queue would just lead to premades b!tching about queue times and how they can't ever pvp unless they queue solo.
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rofl you ppl call this game has a pvp?
    weird trashy ppl
    edited June 2013
    Oh you don't remember your adamant arguement saying "being able to fight 1v1 doesn't determine anything?"

What am I suppose to contribute to a really intelligent post that encompasses someone queuing a premade, afk'n and missing any point captures and kills versus a pug. The pugs by this time they have either quit or afk in spawn while being killed. When the match ends you receive no credit because you contributed absolutely nothing. So you cry about receiving NO REWARD for contributing nothing. Smart OP..

You really are showing your intelligence, that's for sure. By mentioning a topic that happened in completely different thread and has nothing to do with this one. Explain to me how 1v1 has anything to do with this topic? you must be so mad that you just kept the rage inside and brought it to a whole different thread rofl.

I can go offtopic and keep my arguement but why bother explaining a self righteous moron fundamental pvp mechanics, I'll just let you rage and keep following me around like a little troll pet.
    edited June 2013
    You really are showing your intelligence, that's for sure. By mentioning a topic that happened in completely different thread and has nothing to do with this one. Explain to me how 1v1 has anything to do with this topic? you must be so mad that you just kept the rage inside and brought it to a whole different thread rofl.

I can go offtopic and keep my arguement but why bother explaining a self righteous moron fundamental pvp mechanics, I'll just let you rage and keep following me around like a little troll pet.

Apparently you have a short attention span. I said all I've seen you post is moronic and included your moronic statement about 1v1 combat. You said I spew random ****. So I refreshed your memory with the previous thread and pointed out the moronic statement you made here. Random, huh.. So I've always been on topic kind sir, because the OP is moronic, so pointing that out and the OP'ers other moronic posts is all entailed.. I am interested in hearing these self righteous moron fundamental pvp mechanics, you speak of! :D
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    g0ld3n4c3 wrote: »
    rofl you ppl call this game has a pvp?
    weird trashy ppl

So what does this comment of yours make you ?

I'll let you figure this out by yourself .