test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, Karrundax after the patch of today... here what happened

mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
We wiped so many times on the 1st boss, the CW raged a lot, i've been insulted because i was not "healing" i had everything on CD all the time, they all raged quit, blaming me ...
Well there were no way to control the mobs for some reason, the CW said that all mobs were immune to his singularity.
With so many red zone it was impossible, I still suspect the CW were bad (not playing with shield but idk i never played it).

I did not respec yet, and with my build if i can't complete Karundax.. well i'm a bit afraid.

But as expected the patch made the game really more challenging, but for some reason the DC is the scapegoat, everything wrong come from him, everyone loose life he cant assure a good heal => he sucks ...
maybe I am, but i need some advice then how to place an astral shield where all the ground is in fire, and heal people who run in 4 differents directions.

At this rate, I feel a lot of instances will finish with rage quitting people.

*just for the record, i've completed CN being the only DC.
and all other instances being the only one DC.
Post edited by mallonslefr on

Comments

• mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    While I hate to encourage minor exploits, if your pugging I would recommend pulling that first boss back a room or two, then you will not get adds. It should make your future runs smoother on that first boss at least.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually insisted to see how it was with all the adds.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It sounds like either your CW or dps needed to step up.

There will be a lot of blaming of DC's from now on because a significant chunk of responsibility of the survival of the group has shifted away from them to others but without people, including DC, realising it.

The AS uptime nerfs, the Divinity nerfs, the cleanse nerfs, etc, will all add up to rising potion and injury kit cost for everyone, including DCs.

Until this painful learning transition is over and become the new norm, expect some (much?) pain...

The, alternative ofc, is that players will just find new or more heavily rely on existing "workarounds"!
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Funny, we did it a couple of hours ago, and the first comment I got was: You're slacking with your blue circle. Why isn't it up permanently? :)

Luckily, three of us were on Teamspeak, so I announced which mob got Forgemaster's Flame when I saw health dropping.
  • aphasiaaphasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    While I hate to encourage minor exploits, if your pugging I would recommend pulling that first boss back a room or two, then you will not get adds. It should make your future runs smoother on that first boss at least.

I'm not sure but I think they rectified that exploit. This morning tried a skirmish to see how the nerfs were affecting my cleric, the last boss, we cant pull back anymore. They made a wall up so you had to fight him in that space he's in. Can't pull the beholder back too. He won't follow.
  • mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    And this is why post patch I start any dungeon run I do with the following statment:

"This patch has nerfed us to 1/2 our healing ability prior" "If you see a blue circle you MUST get to it for heals, and expect to kite for 5 seconds afterwards until it's back up" "Thank the tards of NW for this change"

Spam that in the beginning, people haven't been blaming me or my healing for the numerous wipes post patch. Hope that helps.
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But i am to blamed because i did not know for FF, and that actually make a HUGE difference.