test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Query: Sequential Triggers

redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I have a part in my current project that requires 4 triggers (flames) to be extinguished in the correct order, to unlock a portal.

There should be no problem for the player in determining the order "if they read the quest dialogues".

Is there anyway to do this other than having the triggers stacked in the quest chain in the correct order?

I'd like to have the ability to let players trigger them incorrectly, even though all that will do will be to require them to start the sequence again.

Any ideas, because I am stumped.

All The Best
Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.

Comments

• Options
    nonamesavaliablenonamesavaliable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only way I can see this working is by using dialogues. Unfortunately, you can't 'reset' anything when you're playing a foundry map. This means that once a player extinguishes a fire, even if it is the wrong one, you can't make that FX appear again, unless you use a different object. The problem with that is that it's finite, and you have no clue how to anticipate the number of times people will fail.

Thus, dialogues, unfortunately, seems to be the only viable option, meaning they will only have text, and no visual reference.
    I hope that gets updated in the future though.

Best of luck