test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Watching it Burn Quest, HELP lol

zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have been on this quest for several days now. I have watched a few walkthroughs on Youtube. When I go to the exact same spots on the map I see no orb or hot spot to press F and use the scrying orb. What am I missing? Is there an orb that needs picked at the campsite after you get the quest from the quest giver?

I dont mind working at a quest but this has went beyond fun. Neither the quest tracker or even the map seem to be accurate for this quest. I want to advance in quests and this one is preventing me from moving forward. Any advice is truly appreciated.
Post edited by zaarel2 on

Comments

• skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is this the Hotenow map quest? If so then you need to pick up the orbs from somewhere around the guy who gives you the quest first if I remember correctly. Then the spots for orb placement will show up but they are also very small areas and usually right around the giant generals. I remember finding that quest particularly frustrating as well. :)
  • zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    Is this the Hotenow map quest? If so then you need to pick up the orbs from somewhere around the guy who gives you the quest first if I remember correctly. Then the spots for orb placement will show up but they are also very small areas and usually right around the giant generals. I remember finding that quest particularly frustrating as well. :)

Yes that is the one. I thought picking up the orb is the step I was missing. I have looked and looked around the campfire and don't seem to see it anywhere. I will have to check it again tonight. If anyone can offer up advice as to where the orb is at the campsite it would be helpful.
  • darkchlddarkchld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    I have been on this quest for several days now. I have watched a few walkthroughs on Youtube. When I go to the exact same spots on the map I see no orb or hot spot to press F and use the scrying orb. What am I missing? Is there an orb that needs picked at the campsite after you get the quest from the quest giver?

I dont mind working at a quest but this has went beyond fun. Neither the quest tracker or even the map seem to be accurate for this quest. I want to advance in quests and this one is preventing me from moving forward. Any advice is truly appreciated.

The map for this zone is off-centered which makes the map kinda useless on doing this quest due to waypoints. Each of these orbs are near the big generals, just look for the 3 big generals and in their area you'll find them.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This quest requires you to do it in reverse order. The ONLY spot you can click then is the most distant one, and once you do that one, backtrack and the second is available, and then the third which is closest to camp. Unlike many quests where you can hit the spots in any order, this one has an order required and its last first. (I could be wrong, but I sure did not see them on the way in, and found them easily on the way out).

The spots are rather small and sometimes hidden by bumps in the terrain. But they have a big blue marker on your map so you can get close then look hard. Its a pain due to the many, many mobs and the stupid giants are near the locations (or for 2 of the 3 maybe??).

The quest trail is useless.
    edited June 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    This quest requires you to do it in reverse order. The ONLY spot you can click then is the most distant one, and once you do that one, backtrack and the second is available, and then the third which is closest to camp. Unlike many quests where you can hit the spots in any order, this one has an order required and its last first. (I could be wrong, but I sure did not see them on the way in, and found them easily on the way out).

The spots are rather small and sometimes hidden by bumps in the terrain. But they have a big blue marker on your map so you can get close then look hard. Its a pain due to the many, many mobs and the stupid giants are near the locations (or for 2 of the 3 maybe??).

The quest trail is useless.

So you dont though recall having to pick anything up first off the ground near the quest giver?
    edited June 2013
    Thank you all for the post and help. It was that they had to be done in reverse. That is a VERY confusing quest and zone in general when you need to count on the map.
  • dyrestraitsdyrestraits Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This quest needs to be fixed...PERIOD! No if's, and's, or but's about it. It's totally screwed up and needs an overhaul. First, there is no indication that anything needs to be picked up at the surveyor's camp. However, due to a previous quest similar, I assumed there must be some orbs to be picked up...but could never find any or anyone with them. Then, to top it off, the quest tracker takes off up through the sky to what looks like a tall overlook area...and no way to get to it.

Totally frustrating and game-breaking. Just fix it! Period!
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    So you dont though recall having to pick anything up first off the ground near the quest giver?

No. It seems like the waypoint goes into the wall near him. Its not it is way way below him. Head on downwards and work your way up.
    edited June 2013
    This quest needs to be fixed...PERIOD! No if's, and's, or but's about it. It's totally screwed up and needs an overhaul. First, there is no indication that anything needs to be picked up at the surveyor's camp. However, due to a previous quest similar, I assumed there must be some orbs to be picked up...but could never find any or anyone with them. Then, to top it off, the quest tracker takes off up through the sky to what looks like a tall overlook area...and no way to get to it.

Totally frustrating and game-breaking. Just fix it! Period!

Nothing needs picked up at the camp site. Search youtube , there is a video that walks you through the locations you need to go to. I shows them to you in REVERSE. Work you way to the last one first and then backwards from there. It sucked but with everyones help here and the video I got it done finally.