test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overland Map does not properly show quest destination

angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
I rolled a new character (Wilfred's voice is MUCH better, thank you!) and played through to level 10.

TL;DR: Quest to return to Protector's Enclave (from Blacklake District) do not point back to PE in Overland Map; quest information is not updated on the Overland Map.

VERBOSE/REPRO (this may occur more easily than with all the steps outlined below, but this are the step I accomplished when this happened - STEP 5 could be the one step that may be the actual culprit.):
  1. Roll a new character.
  2. Play all quests up to and through Black Lake District (Halfing/Trickster Rogue)
  3. During Blacklake zone quests, play a Foundry quest based in Blacklake (I played my own: "Blacklake Luskan")
  4. Complete the final Blacklake PvE quest: "Collect Sludge Samples" (I did not play the Skirmish as there are not enough players to fill the queue at this time).
  5. When the only quest in the journal is "Return to Protector's Enclave" - go to the STARTING GATE NEAR CAMPFIRE (Not the "back gate" the golden path leads you to).
  6. At the STARTING SPAWN POINT GATE - click the sparkly to "travel"

OVERLAND MAP appears with the following:

Blacklake District icon is highlighted, quest "destination" icon appears in Blacklake District"; hove text indicates quest path "leads here", etc. There is no quest path icon over Protector's Enclave. It is the exact same information in the Overland Map that was there when you are originally sent to Blacklake District the first time.

For new users this could be hugely confusing and "break the game" if they do not know what to do, or otherwise do not take the initiative to just return to PE. NOTE that on returning to PE, the golden path and quest journal do update and direct the player back to Sgt. Knox.