test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will our quests be duplicated here?

wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
Well we have test copies of our quests or will there just be the one set and we'll be able to choose to publish to live or test server?

assuming we'll be able to publish to test without having to publish to live as well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    We are working on importing LIVE quests here.
    You can also publish here with no worries that it will affect the Live Shard.

We want to make sure that we can see any issues to Foundry Quests, due to our changes, before the new builds go live. We want to use Your REAL quests to make it easier to identify and address any issues that may pop up.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    By "LIVE" do you mean just published? Or works in progress on the Live server that haven't been published yet? (Hopefully the latter.)
  • badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    By "LIVE" do you mean just published? Or works in progress on the Live server that haven't been published yet? (Hopefully the latter.)

By LIVE I mean quests created on the LIVE UGC shard.

We can grab everything but that is a greater set of data than just published. My goal is to grab everything.
    I want to be clear though. Right out of the gate we may not have all your unpublished quests on the preview shard. There are A LOT of quests and it will take some time to move them.
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome. Thanks for the info!
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want to confirm that the quests on the preview servers will not overwrite the quest we have published on the live server, if that should happen then I'll be loosing hours of work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
    edited June 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    I just want to confirm that the quests on the preview servers will not overwrite the quest we have published on the live server, if that should happen then I'll be loosing hours of work.

Quests on the preview server will not overwrite quests on the LIVE server.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quests on the preview server will not overwrite quests on the LIVE server.

That's a good thing -- however, will be able to copy quests from Preview to Live Unpublished?
    Kind of like copying unpublished quests now only copy (or import?) from Preview.

I'd hate to (and honestly wouldn't bother) creating/testing a lot of Preview Foundry if it means re-doing all that work on Live Unpublished.