test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Push - Falling, not an exploit but an unfinished mechanic.

vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
There has been a lot of talking about that issue. Because we have the ability to push enemies backwards and making them fall of a cliff, killing them instantly.

I have never played pen & paper D&D 4e, but I found this player's handbook in the internet which explains all the mechanics of combat in one of its chapters. One of the mechanics of the game is falling, which states the following:

"Catch Yourself: If a power or a bull rush forces you over a precipice or into a pit, you can immediately make a saving throw to avoid going over the edge." Player's handbook - D&D 4e.

I am pretty sure that it should work that way for mobs and players in D&D 4e, the thing is that this game is partly based on D&D 4e and clearly they did not include this mechanic into the game which sucks in my opinion.

Anyhow, this is not an exploit but a poorly implemented mechanic. :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
Post edited by vold316 on

Comments

• quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That could be difficult to implement. I'm not sure there's an easy way to detect "going over a cliff" until the mob actually hits the point of instant death.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, it might be hard to implement. If it turns out to be impossible, then they should add a saving throw against DC to reduce the knock back distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Well if it is a mechanic in the game, it needs a title like "Mob Knocker" or something :) hehe
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People need to quit thinking that a PC game is going to play like a board game.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Already implemented.

i've seen monsters fall into death pits and jump straight back out several times =) They made there saving throw.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree with everything and I know this mechanic pretty well. The problem is they cant impliment dice rolling cause it will annoy most of the people who havent played D&D before. What I can suggest is not to check if the mob is on the edge of a cliff, but to impliment knock back resistance, based on the mobs power. I can explain that very easy:

You have normal mobs that you can do almost everything with. You have semi-elite mobs that have more hp and def than the normal once. You have elite mobs that some of them you cant stun/knock back, they have more HP, def and attack from the semi-elite mobs. You have epic mobs that in the most cases, you cant stun or push back. They have tons of hp, special powers and can wipe out your party. Last but not least you have bosses that you can only hit with spells but no crowd control spells work on them.

I can suggest, based on this, to impliment push/knock back/stun resistance based on the mobs class. That way you wount be able to eighter push them over the edge or do any CC on them while fighting.

I think that will be more challanging.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Already implemented.

i've seen monsters fall into death pits and jump straight back out several times =) They made there saving throw.

Intresting, although that's not exactly how it should be implemented. I wonder if that also happens when you push them off a bottomless cliff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well during boss encounters adds infinitely respawn whether you push them off the edge or kill them so does it really matter whether they're given a knockback resistance chance or not.