test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, give the foundry some love.

vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
The foundry is so limited at the moment that I don't want to create a quest, untill that you guys add some of the stuff which is suggested in that sticky thread about foundry suggestions.
What bothers me the most is that the objectives are linear, they are the only way to trigger events through maps, and map transition. I am not intrested on creating simple quests, MMOs are full of those, I want something else, a different level of quest.
I want to create co-op quests where different classes have to play different roles to accomplish the objectives, I want it to be easier to create quests where classes can complete the objectives choosing different paths, etc.
So, please give the foundry some love, if you do that I will never get bored of creating quests in neverwinter, otherwise I will not bother into making one.:(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
Post edited by vold316 on

Comments

• vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    not creating a quest is silly. there's plenty to do
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I invite you to compare foundry to other mmo UGC systems.

There's plenty of room for improvement, sure.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I already did a quest and I know that there are a lot of intresting ones.

I wonder if the other MMOs with UGC were based on D&D... I think not.

My problem is that it consumes a lot of time to create a good quest, and a lot of that time is spent thinking on how to bypass the foundry limitations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2013
    My point is that there pretty much AREN'T any others.

The only existing ones I know of are Star Trek Online (which is basically the first version of NW's foundry), City of Heroes (which no longer exists, and it was more limited in many many ways), Saga of Ryzom (I haven't touched it, but I last heard it was very limited/buggy and it's not a very big game), and... that's pretty much it.

NW Foundry, for all its faults, is pretty much the ONLY option for MMO UGC, not even considering genre.

Why do I say all this? It's basically a call for perspective. We could have... nothing.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Has sound been added?
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Imagination and finding novel ways to achieve the 'impossible' can be rewarding in the foundry as it is. If you want restrictive Foundry option's try using Startrek's (STO) one, this one is much, much better. But as always can only be improved by adding more options, which will come in time.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree it needs love.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Zahinder: I agree, this is better than nothing. Actually, the foundry is good and as I said, there are some good quests out there. But, what I am saying is that it could be much better than this, so I'm asking for some love, because since OB I've not seen a single patch to improve it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    City of Heroes (which no longer exists, and it was more limited in many many ways)

Oh no! This is the first I heard of that. That is sad to hear, like the death of an old friend.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it was really puzzling, too -- the game seemed to be doing reasonably well and then NCSoft just abruptly said NOPE.