test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading reviews

meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Looking to trade reviews please. I would like feedback on what I've built as my first quest. There are a couple graphical issues (floati ng barricades) that I'm already working on fixing, but I'm mainly looking for feedback on dialogue, quest flow and various triggers I've placed on the map. I haven't completed my decoration plan for the interior of the keep yet, so I'd love some feedback on what you think would make it look cool as well.

Storming Monte Hall
NW-DEH6FU5KB
Duration: 30 minutes, or so, in the L11, L21 and L31, tests I've done
Solo: yes
Story, combat

Just post your quest info here, or send me mail in game and I'll review your quest ASAP.
Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
Post edited by meysa on

Comments

• voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quest included on my to-do list. I'll play it this afternoon.
    You can find the link to my quest in the signature. Check it ;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Will run your quest in the next few minutes. Please review my quest when you get the chance. Quest info in sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
    The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
    Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
    The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
    An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
    The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I'll checked out your quest :) If you'd be so kind to check out mine; Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue in return the code is NW-DEZSTNUT7
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    belberk wrote: »
    Will run your quest in the next few minutes. Please review my quest when you get the chance. Quest info in sig.

The first half of your quest reminded me of when I used to play RL D&D. It was well done. The story was light (in a good way) and you used the dialog to paint a clear picture of the objectives. There were only a couple of small items (I am guilty of this) that could be tweaked.

1. It's a Gnoll story, and that's cool, but a few lackey Kobolds might add some flavor.
    2. You did mention you are working on the decor but that would really polish this quest.

I had fun with it on a solo run with my (review toon) level 7 Rouge. 5/5 stars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
    The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
    Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
    The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
    An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
    The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
  • ceylokrinnceylokrinn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meysa:

Very VERY enjoyable quest! Great combat, good use of the area map. Combat was tough but fair, and encouraged smart movement, planning, and logic. I'd lighten up on the 'phat lewt' type comments at the end :-)

oh.. and I wanted so VERY badly to slaughter the "you do all the dirty work; we'll wait here" guards... LOL!

My own quest is quite short, 7 to 10 mins. I think you'll like it. NW-DDSLDZCOB

Portia's fire http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?305212-Trading-reviews-for-new-quest-Portia-s-Fire
  • lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Hi, would you review mine please? I'll check out yours now. Mine is in my sig :)
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • revelationmdrevelationmd Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going to give this a whirl now. Mine is here but it's somewhat longer (45mins) so I won't be offended if you decide against running/reviewing it:

Quest Name: In search of Innocence by @revelationmd

Foundry code: NW-DL8DTYYPS.

Details: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?304101-In-search-of-Innocence

Edit to say just finished playing it. Good fun quest! Took me a little longer that it should as my 2 year old woke up lol.
    Quest Name: In search of Innocence | Foundry code: NW-DL8DTYYPS.

Heavy on story/plot. Expect to read (and think) a lot to get the most out of the quest. Will probably appeal to roleplayers though that is not to say that there are no tough fights - could be challenging for solo play.
    Average play time: 45 mins
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    will run,. my quest is in my sig :)
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I ran and reviewed it. I will expand on my in game comment.

It was fun but seemed largely rushed. I really like the use of triggers, and as a 52 CW I can say the solo combat was challenging without being overbearing but I can see how some players might get overwhelmed with the spawning on kill that goes on.

I think you need to pick a theme for the overall dungeon, and build one room at a time with its own theme that plays into the larger theme. Like, I think there is potential in that one hallway with the archers and one barrel for you to setup more obstacles for the player to navigate to reach the archers, that might be cool.

Additionally in some cases for the decoration that is there, it isn't put in correctly. There are a lot of backwards fireplaces with fire in the middle of the room, vases that are floating 10 feet in the air.

Names on intractable objects have been left generic so I see a lot of sky pirate ballista 01. Outside the dungeon, there are a lot of decals that are not aligned with the hills that they are put on. It would probably be better to use something in place of a decal or try to rotate it to fit better.

There were some comments that it felt grindy and I think that has to do with the lack of immersion for some people, and the reuse of one encounter type. I would look into reskinning a bunch of different encounters that play into the theme of the dungeon. Diversify everything, even the decor and don't look at what the foundry tool gives you but look at what you could potential make from pieces of things and clip them together.

I made a dungeon crawl too, I offer it as a source of reference, I've been through this process and was critiqued by featured authors, Mage Masher is my end result. Hopefully you can get some ideas from it.

I really like dungeon crawls and I really want to see this one be expanded on. I think you have the start of something really cool. It is just a matter of being patient and putting in the time, it is important for the environment to tell a story with the dungeon crawl, because there is little story being told otherwise. I will rerun it when you feel it is complete.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    meysa, I just played your quest. The first part is very nice, with the entrance to the dungeon and the siege weapons to burn. The rooms of the dungeon are very large, but as I have said in other topics, large spaces need many details to fill them imho. I would also decrease the number of encounters needed to unlock the quest's objective and maybe insert a portal, or a real exit to finish the adventure. 4 stars;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n