test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicked From Castle Never after Dracolich Died

2»

Comments

• kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone should start a NVW shard chitlist page with names. Lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact of the matter is - no one should have to put up with this. This is simply lazy game design. Any kick in a pugger group should require a vote.

Anyone telling them to suck it up and so forth - is as nasty of a individual as the person that kicked them.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    Seems like you have just learned your lesson. This is internet 2013 for you. I feel sorry for you, but this is the best way to ensure something like this is never ever going to happen to you again. So just suck it up and go on. :-)

I don't think you understand the situation. This isn't a lesson to be learned this is an exploit to be fixed. For starters leadership should never randomly switch and secondly no one should be able to be kicked from a party near the end of a dungeon run/pvp session etc.
  • antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    1/10 won't read again .

Look at this little troll trying to show off.

Soooo cute.
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you :)

Right now they are focused on fixing some of the more gamebreaking bugs and getting those fixes into the live game as soon as possible but that does not by any stretch of the imagination means these other complaints are being ignored. The quality of life improvements are being worked on as well.

I really hope they fix the looting system really soon (tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough). This may not be a game breaking bug, but sure does seem like a game breaking mechanic. This appears to be one of the major complaints on the forums and it is obviously ruining people's fun in the game. It is really disappointing to see so many of these threads and nothing being done about it. It is even more disappointing to see posters troll others who express their opinion about this toxic behavior on the forum. I am actually considering taking a break from the game until they fix the loot system. I know it's just a game but who wants to play a game just to at some point be disappointed because of an inconsiderate player doing the same thing that happened to the OP. Not worth it.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Whichever mechanic is preventing adding people from the queue after a couple mobs die needs to also disable kicking at the same time.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    It's strange. It nearly seems like the community is getting worse and worse. I remember doing a lot of PUGs while gearing up my T2 Miracle set and I don't recall having any issues. I guess it's just the fact that people having bad experience post it here while there are lots of groups doing just fine.

Yeah, i thankfully haven't encountered such low-life beings myself as well, but still i couldn't agree more that the "one leader decides all" principle was a very bad choice on Cryptics part. On the other hand, it is nice to kick afk'ers and spawncampers from your group in PvP :P
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    send it to the customer support (lol). we can't do anything about it.

ps. pwned

p.s. Really? "pwned" Your childhood called, they want their word back. Oh, wait...
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Youre leaving out some details.

1.) You threw a ****fit in all caps threatening the group that if the CW didnt shut up you were going to leave.
    2.) You acted like a complete **** when the CW just wanted you to pull your own weight healwise.
    3.) Even after your infantile temper tantrum, I still asked the group if anyone needed a neck piece I needed on thinking I actually needed the neck, I then gave you the neck when you asked for it sans drama because why keep an item im not going to use right?
    4.) After the run you then were classy enough to whisper me and threaten me regardless of me being decent with you in giving you the neck and me not being the group leader to begin with.

So in summary, you acted like a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, was sitting at about 2.8 mil heals to my 5.6 by the end of the run and now want people to think you got kicked because theres some great conspiracy to ninja gear from an even tempered and all around good guy like yourself right? wrong.

Would you like to see a screenshot of you telling me in a very pathetic fashion that I am going to get banned because you have "contacts at cryptic"?

Little bit of advice? Dont act like a prick in runs and bad things like this wont happen to you. And when bad things like this happen to you, dont go attacking everyone in the run with verbal threats you obviously cant back up worth a squat.

TL;DR: Dont start none. Wont be none.
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Whichever mechanic is preventing adding people from the queue after a couple mobs die needs to also disable kicking at the same time.

That's a terrible idea, since then you will get people doing things like stop playing 1 seconds after the kick timer is done and saying things like "Well, I'm done playing, I'll just be need rolling on everything from this point out, good luck everyone!" . . .

It just needs to switch to a vote system. In order to avoid loot stealing, and loot items that were generated while you were in the party you should still be able to roll on when they are collected even if not in the party anymore. This is to avoid three people from ganging up on the other two for loot hoarding purposes. If they want to replace a person, do it before the fight.
  • vyssalarevyssalare Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »

1.) You threw a ****fit in all caps threatening the group that if the CW didnt shut up you were going to leave.
    2.) You acted like a complete **** when the CW just wanted you to pull your own weight healwise.
    3.) Even after your infantile temper tantrum, I still asked the group if anyone needed a neck piece I needed on thinking I actually needed the neck, I then gave you the neck when you asked for it sans drama because why keep an item im not going to use right?
    4.) After the run you then were classy enough to whisper me and threaten me regardless of me being decent with you in giving you the neck and me not being the group leader to begin with.

So in summary, you acted like a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, was sitting at about 2.8 mil heals to my 5.6 by the end of the run and now want people to think you got kicked because theres some great conspiracy to ninja gear from an even tempered and all around good guy like yourself right? wrong.

Would you like to see a screenshot of you telling me in a very pathetic fashion that I am going to get banned because you have "contacts at cryptic"?

Little bit of advice? Dont act like a prick in runs and bad things like this wont happen to you. And when bad things like this happen to you, dont go attacking everyone in the run with verbal threats you obviously cant back up worth a squat.

Lil question. Did the group need more healing? If people are staying up fine then adding in dps is the appropriate thing to do. Clerics can hit hard in this game unlike many others. What was the ending damage done btw? It's like you've never even heard of the concept of an off-healer.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    That's a terrible idea, since then you will get people doing things like stop playing 1 seconds after the kick timer is done and saying things like "Well, I'm done playing, I'll just be need rolling on everything from this point out, good luck everyone!" . . .

It just needs to switch to a vote system. In order to avoid loot stealing, and loot items that were generated while you were in the party you should still be able to roll on when they are collected even if not in the party anymore. This is to avoid three people from ganging up on the other two for loot hoarding purposes. If they want to replace a person, do it before the fight.

If you can't add people then kicking people has no purpose at all. Either way, you'd be restarting.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI, took a shower, started thinking about this a little bit. Against my better judgement I will do you a solid dude.

EVEN THOUGH you have taken to this forum to slander me (The DC) and try to paint yourself as being on the moral high ground, even though you took to threatening me in game via PMs, even though you are using a very hilarious revisionist history version of what happened.

I will still do you a solid.

Admit what kind of venomous personality you have here in this public forum, come completely clean about why you probably got kicked.

Absolve the players who had no hand in getting you kicked of any wrongdoing.

Apologize for being such a caustic personality.

Apologize TO ME publicly for attempting to slander me and threatening me with your nonsense.

Do this, make it sincere and maybe Ill give you the offhand. Its still in my bag and hasn't been equipped yet.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Post the screenshot dude.
    edited May 2013
    vyssalare wrote: »
    Lil question. Did the group need more healing? If people are staying up fine then adding in dps is the appropriate thing to do. Clerics can hit hard in this game unlike many others. What was the ending damage done btw? It's like you've never even heard of the concept of an off-healer.

Well, some of our guys were dropping at certain spots each trashpull. It was definitely a very rough run. Id love to say im pro enough that I can solo heal the entire group. In this instance it just wasnt working out that way.

At the dracolich OP was 4th in DPS, 8k dmg done if memory serves me to me 5k (I was at rock bottom) but was doing less than HALF my healing. So he was being beat out by the TR and two CWs by a large margin on DPS and being beaten out by the other DC in heals by more than 50%. If hes not contributing significant DPS or Heals, what exactly IS he contributing besides run drama and trash talking? (he continued to antagonize the CW through the run that asked him to de prioritize dps and instead heal after their initial disagreement)
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just to be clear, did you kick him after the last boss was killed or before?

What you say may be true and grounds to kick someone but not if your going to wait till after you kill the final boss, that is just as much a &^% move and abuse of the game mechanics.
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't be fairer than than that. I wasn't there of course, but I'd be happy to party with someone who was willing to hand back a 2mil drop after being slandered on a public forum.

I hope you guys can work it out and kudos to you deacon for offering an olive branch. :)
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • tanglethorntanglethorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI, took a shower, started thinking about this a little bit. Against my better judgement I will do you a solid dude.

EVEN THOUGH you have taken to this forum to slander me (The DC) and try to paint yourself as being on the moral high ground, even though you took to threatening me in game via PMs, even though you are using a very hilarious revisionist history version of what happened.

I will still do you a solid.

Admit what kind of venomous personality you have here in this public forum, come completely clean about why you probably got kicked.

Absolve the players who had no hand in getting you kicked of any wrongdoing.

Apologize for being such a caustic personality.

Apologize TO ME publicly for attempting to slander me and threatening me with your nonsense.

Do this, make it sincere and maybe Ill give you the offhand. Its still in my bag and hasn't been equipped yet.

I'm gonning to have to side on the cleric with this one. You are acting way too defensive and the behavior he described is very typical in the current state of the game. You did wait to kick him at the end...

Again, if the pug was successful, why do u care so much about his heal numbers? Also, why would he say he didn't get the item because u kicked him? I find it highly doubtful that he came onto these boards just to make up a bull**** story because he got kicked so he couldn't roll on an item. Sorry man I see a lot holes in your story.

Best way to refute, screenshot.
  • zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh sure. lock my thread while i was asleep....yes and this thread stays alive because he had time to edit the names out? ffs mods. cmon man. not cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Screen shot or it didnt happen.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The issue is with the NEEDing mechanism. If one can only NEED on their class items, that would solve the problem. Gray out NEED on anything that IS NOT a class item. I am not sure why it is taking the Devs so long to fix this:confused:. Doesn't seem like it would be that complicated. They red out identified items that are for other classes, so they obviously already have code that distinguishes item class.

Did Karradurak (sp?) last night and almost kicked someone myself on Mindflayer. Normally I would never do such a thing but this jerk needed on the purple drop that was for the CW. We had a CW in our party, the jerk was a GF. Jerk rolled need and won. When asked WTF there was no response, he just blithely ignored us and kept playing. I've done that boss with 4 and beat it, so I knew it could be done, especially since we had an awesome DC in the group. However, the CW who was the wounded party did not call for his kicking so I let it go. Luckily a later drop of a purple orb did go to the CW. Even more unfortunately, luck of the dice was with Jerk that time so he won more than 50% of the good loot.

This is harming the experience for good players Devs. It pissed me off. Thing is, Dungeons are really the only major place to get epic loot in the game. If you are going to force people to do it, fix it for Pete's sake.
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sooner they fix this **** the better, its unnacceptable to have in condition where you can barely trust the people you play with cause they are given tools to abuse such as this. Would think turning PuG system more fair would be one of their high priority goal as a lot of the people play random times on their own pace. And the instances described by OP leave mark, while many shrug the off and some seem to think its even okay. Law of the jungle and all the bull****, it should be just as easy to make systems fair, while still not taking all the power away from player hands.
  • lilmoemelilmoeme Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So your post tells me 2 things.
    1). Youre like 12.
    2). You and your buddy did do something wrong no matter how you try to justify it in your own way. You came to the forums looking specifically for this post in which you are being called out for being a punk. You knew it would be here eventually because you and your friend think you did yourselves justice, when in reality youre both just immature.

Dont start none wont be none?
    Ok there tough guy.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Screenshot.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any kick in a pugger group should require a vote.

This is sorely needed. It would solve so many issues people have.
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Whatever he said or did to you or to the group is not an excuse to grief him and kick him right after the boss died. You are just trying to find an excuse for your grief attitude.

Now, if you kicked him when you argued and not AFTER half of the dungeon and AFTER the boss died, you would have had a point.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    And the actions on the last page is exactly why Naming and Shaming isn't permitted on the forums.

I decided to allow a bit of venting since the thread wasn't actually advising people to avoid playing with a specific person and the flame war still occurred.

I will simply go back to my zero tolerance policy.
This discussion has been closed.