test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A suggestion for seals..

saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
As it stands, if you have Seals of any tier you can only see and purchase items for your class, and they are character bound. I propose to either:
a) allow players to view all items - the AD gear sellers have this already, with two tabs one for "My Items" and one for "All Items"
or b) make seals account bound

Because as it stands, older seals are worthless, the ad, or coin, you gain from selling say a lion seal item is so laughable that its better to just destroy them. With this lower level seals could be used to twink alts,and higher end seals would be available to help guildies get gear(by buying their items when you're already max geared)
fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
Post edited by saivyre on

Comments

• itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here I was expecting some "Avoid the Clubs!" post... dang....
  • daluvgurudaluvguru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another thing that could give more meaning to the seals. Like you can trade ardent coins in for seals, it would be proper to do it the other way around.. I think this would help give the seals a little more meaning that it have right now.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Stop crying Ice Cube's!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    daluvguru wrote: »
    Another thing that could give more meaning to the seals. Like you can trade ardent coins in for seals, it would be proper to do it the other way around.. I think this would help give the seals a little more meaning that it have right now.

This is the best thing I've heard in a long time. Kinda OP tho, may be make it require twice more seals when exchanging for ardents?

Edited: no, it'd be better to exchange 50 unicorns for 1 ardent and 25 drakes for 1 ardent I think.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to see more companions for seals (not only for drake seals)
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about applying seals to the new enchant system? Convert your OLD seals into Drake, Unicorn, Fey or Shadow seals?

At a minimum, it would be nice if they had an RP value for use with enchantments,
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • mlegermleger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    im going to stick with my suggestion a few months ago, upgrade 4 of a lower 1 to the next one up.
    Thorin Oakenshield - 60 DC | Floki Longarm - 60 TR | Tiny Tank - 60 GWF
    Stand your Ground NW-DNBHK74ML
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am all in favor of account bound seal and glory/grym coins items that's the only way they will be useful!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They could add wards to the seal vendors, and catalysts/reagents with the new refining system coming. They could allow you to see all classes' items, since you could still use them for companions, (even if they're bound). They could add some dye packs, fashion items, or any number of other things that would make them attractive.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • superbastysuperbasty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    felows i sow some shopes where u can buy seals - do u know where to trade seal of unicorn for seal of drake?
    edited November 2013
    superbasty wrote: »
    felows i sow some shopes where u can buy seals - do u know where to trade seal of unicorn for seal of drake?

In Protector's Enclave, in the Seven Sons Coster Market, there are 4 seal vendors - each located at the inner-corners of the walls surrounding the market.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1 to converting lower to higher level seals. What about leveled/classed Seal specific gear sets? Lion Set, Manticore Set etc. It would make them more useful, at least for Lion Seals, ATM they are pretty much unusable, either the gear offered is above your current level, or it's of such low quality/enchantment that you get better stuff from random drops! The gear should at leats be Epic quality like stuff from DFLB's
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    daluvguru wrote: »

That's a good idea.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ancient thread, but...maybe each seal vendor could offer a companion? IIRC one of the high-rank seal vendors has the Wererat Thief. Lower-rank seal vendors could just have white or green rarity companions, but at least that would still be something people could use their seals for.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's see. It takes 40 days trading drake seals to get a 40 seal ring - by which time you may have been level 60 for 2-3 weeks. you can salvage the ring for 3000 RAD which you can refine usually immediately. This make 1 Ardent coin worth 75 AD. I wanna buy Ardent Coin for 75 AD each. (times 360 = 27000 AD for the 360 day sword). Sounds like a plan.
    edited November 2013
    Add wards and reagents for the upcoming refining system, to the unicorn and drake seal vendors. I also like the idea of giving each seal vendor a companion, (of lower quality for lower category ones). Give each seal type an associated dye kit as well.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    I would like to see more companions for seals (not only for drake seals)

Companions???
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!