test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Three Dials: Part II

chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Looking for early reviews for Part II of my quest (NW-DJQHIAIUJ). All maps and characters are bespoke. I should note that the story does follow on directly from Part I.

I have played through it both in and out of foundry and can't find any issues, but no doubt I am missing some wood for trees.

Will trade reviews of course.
My new quest:

WIP
Post edited by chinspinner on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Shameless bump. Would be handy to have some early reviews. Will trade.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    zocat1zocat1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall quite good, so only nitpicking coming:

After the initial dream the objective is "Leave the room", while it's fairly obvious to talk to Pindrop, I wanted to mention it.
    The Square feels a bit empty, maybe add some more civilians who just wander around. After talking to Pindrop in the square he & Lark respawn in a strange way (poof out of nothingness). I dont think they're necessary for the fights, so maybe just let them stay there.
    The crypts look gooood! But I dont really like how every encounter spawns in front of my eyes :/
    After talking to the cleric a new door opens. In the following room (normally used for prisons?) there are 2 invisible celldoors, which can be interacted with. (When entering, 1st one on the right, 2nd to last one on the left). One of the chairs in the same room looks to be incredible close to the brazier (I wouldnt want to sit there).
    When entering the red crystal cave the first (right) crystal is floating a bit in the air.
    After using the map, the outside area: all fights again just spawn in order. Maybe just put in a kill objective like you did when breaking the siege.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks very much for the review and feedback. I will have a look through the bugs/ improvements you identified and tweak things.

If there is anything you would like me to take a look at let me know.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for the mild b*tch, but despite several trades I seem only to have one review. Obviously I did carry through with my half of the bargain.

If anyone is up for it I am still looking for reviews, really need some to iron out issues. As always I will trade.

It is a solo quest, not too taxing and circa 15-20 minutes. Importantly (for me anyway) all maps are bespoke, no pre-made stuff here.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just in case they read this I do not want to be unfair, someone did mistakenly review the wrong part of my quest and did so very well, my initial comment is in no way aimed at them, and I thank them for their time and useful comments. It was 5 star which makes that easier to say.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The debris remnant outside the inn is floating off the ground by about a foot. It's not very obvious because it's in shadow.
    Unless I'm not remembering her wording right, Scarfe tells you to find her crates, but they are out in the open and she is actually facing the one closest to her with a direct line of sight.
    Archaeological is misspelled in Scarfe's convo.
    When you say Tell me more of the three dials, there is no closing period.
    To the right of the bridge, by the priest, there's a gap in the river. The gap is open below the water level so there would be a flooding problem... :p
    One of the wheels of the broken seige engine is off the ground (front left).
    Using the prison cells room as apparently monks rooms was creative (and amusing), as was putting the two multi-level rooms next to each other.
    Cryptic missed some textures on the dungeon <-> cave transitions. Not your fault, but you can fix it. Same thing with cave ->small cave.
    Sigma says "Hello again", missing period.
    The statue and end quest chest are floating in the air.
    Past the end chest, it's possible to get out of the back of the cave.

The maps are very good. One concern is the boss fight is a map away from the end of the quest, making the last map anticlimactic. I never finished chapter 1, so I will have to go back and play it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The debris remnant outside the inn is floating off the ground by about a foot. It's not very obvious because it's in shadow.
    Unless I'm not remembering her wording right, Scarfe tells you to find her crates, but they are out in the open and she is actually facing the one closest to her with a direct line of sight.
    Archaeological is misspelled in Scarfe's convo.
    When you say Tell me more of the three dials, there is no closing period.
    To the right of the bridge, by the priest, there's a gap in the river. The gap is open below the water level so there would be a flooding problem... :p
    One of the wheels of the broken seige engine is off the ground (front left).
    Using the prison cells room as apparently monks rooms was creative (and amusing), as was putting the two multi-level rooms next to each other.
    Cryptic missed some textures on the dungeon <-> cave transitions. Not your fault, but you can fix it. Same thing with cave ->small cave.
    Sigma says "Hello again", missing period.
    The statue and end quest chest are floating in the air.
    Past the end chest, it's possible to get out of the back of the cave.

The maps are very good. One concern is the boss fight is a map away from the end of the quest, making the last map anticlimactic. I never finished chapter 1, so I will have to go back and play it.

haha thanks mate, looking for the bugs/ **** parts atm. Thank you for detailed review, just what I need atm. To save me reloading what star rating did you give?
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha thanks mate, looking for the bugs/ **** parts atm. Thank you for detailed review, just what I need atm. To save me reloading what star rating did you give?
    Dont remember, but you have 500 more AD than you did before.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nice one Kam, I should mention that the final map is supposed to be a soft lead-in to next part. Kind of a taster of the maps you will experience... Perhaps badly done
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump again
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bumpity ****ing bump
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and bump again, I am trading. Could do with more comments.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, so I played through both parts of Three Dials (I know you asked only for second part, but personally I don't like to play a multi-part without knowing what happened earlier) and I made a couple of notes.

First of all, the final fight in the 1st quest was HARD. Like, "use pots all the time and die at least once" hard. I'm playing lv50-ish cleric and it felt more challanging then some regular Cryptic boss fights (and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, just pointing it out).

Ok, now for the second quest:
    - I really liked the "nightmare" sequence with Sigma at the beggining
    - During the siege part there is a fire floating seemingly in mid-air - near the wall just next to the structure with blue beam shooting out of it
    - Again, the semi-final fight with Sigma's ferals was pretty hard to solo for lv50 Cleric (but not as much as Berith, lol)
    - The rocky location with "follow the path" objective seems a little empty
    - The statue and reward chest at the very end were floating in mid-air

Also, how come we both have someone named "Berith" in our quests xD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    Ok, so I played through both parts of Three Dials (I know you asked only for second part, but personally I don't like to play a multi-part without knowing what happened earlier) and I made a couple of notes.

First of all, the final fight in the 1st quest was HARD. Like, "use pots all the time and die at least once" hard. I'm playing lv50-ish cleric and it felt more challanging then some regular Cryptic boss fights (and that isn't necesarily a bad thing, just pointing it out).

Ok, now for the second quest:
    - I really liked the "nightmare" sequence with Sigma at the beggining
    - During the siege part there is a fire floating seemingly in mid-air - near the wall just next to the structure with blue beam shooting out of it
    - Again, the semi-final fight with Sigma's ferals was pretty hard to solo for lv50 Cleric (but not as much as Berith, lol)
    - The rocky loaction with "follow the path" seems a little empty
    - The statue and reward chest at the very end were floating in mid-air.

Also, how come we both have someone named "Berith" in our quests xD

Thanks for the review. The second part needs work, the map with floating fire- I am not a fan of it. Used up the 1500 limit but it is a bit ****.

The final map, will take a look at that.

With regard to difficulty, I can run through it on my rogue, I need to look at it, but the difficulty is a bit messed up by Cryptic.

Berith? You have it as well? Don't think I have met your Berith, what is code?
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the review. The second part needs work, the map with floating fire- I am not a fan of it. Used up the 1500 limit but it is a bit ****.

The final map, will take a look at that.

With regard to difficulty, I can run through it on my rogue, I need to look at it, but the difficulty is a bit messed up by Cryptic.

Berith? You have it as well? Don't think I have met your Berith, what is code?

You played my quest yesterday :P It's NW-DIIXJX4ES, the one with a demon going after two boys and their father. I only mentioned Berith at the end of the quest, he will appear later in campaign ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    You played my quest yesterday :P It's NW-DIIXJX4ES, the one with a demon going after two boys and their father. I only mentioned Berith at the end of the quest, he will appear later in campaign ;)

Aha, will look forward to playing it (Part II).
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Hello, I'll try out both of your quests in exchange for mine. But I can only play later in the day. Mine is in my sig, thx :).
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    Hello, I'll try out both of your quests in exchange for mine. But I can only play later in the day. Mine is in my sig, thx :).

Hi mate, it is a really amazing map. The encounters on normal are just too hard, after I rolled into a hole for the third time and died from falling I had to leave to save walking back again (the encounter after the escape part).

I will play again later, but some invisible walls are needed.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    crimsonconceptscrimsonconcepts Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Here are my notes, and strangely enough I had played the first one as well.

Pindrop in the courtyard flys into the air, may not be anything you can do since you are spawning another NPC. Don't know if there is a way to change triggers rather then respawning.

Travel Beyond the walls is an invisible wall with no notification that this is an exit. Maybe add the glimmer effect or something so you know it is not just moving outside.

Kinda strange that once you leave you are immediately on a bridge no where near the town.

Once near the temple building, there are invisible walls on both sides. if you don't want people to go there, maybe use other objects to block it, or leave it open to wander, rather then invisible walls.

After Sigma disappears, the electricity sticks around, that should disappear as well. Also, that fight sure seemed like it was two hards, or a hard and standard. Maybe I got unlucky, but seemed a bit tough.

I liked the falls and tunnels, not bad transitions. The end with moving the Rock was a bit strange. And the chest and statue were about 4 feet off the ground. :)
    Please test mine out as well if you could...
    Crimsonconcepts:
    Emberbaths Planning - NW-DGU6CYPV4
    Fires Within - Goblin Attack (Part 1 of 5) - NW-DUXPXBR29
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Please test my quests if you could...
    Crimsonconcepts:
    Emberbaths Planning - NW-DGU6CYPV4
    Fires Within - Goblin Attack (Part 1 of 5) - NW-DUXPXBR29
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    Starting to run it now, please reciprocate.

Storming Monte Hall
    NW-DEH6FU5KB
    Duration: 30 minutes, or so, in the L11, L21 and L31, tests I've done
    Solo: yes
    Story, combat

In the conversation with the slaver outside the tavern the end of his sentence reads "at least not without his leaving present." is present a place? Is he trying to say that Pindrop needs to give him a present? No major, but it annoyed me enough to include it in my review. :-)

The flow of the conversation with Cleric Eligor seemed a little off too.

At the end, when you meet Sigma, I'm not sure what the little electiric wave thing on the floor is all about. It continued on even after nothing was there. It seemed kind of out of place.

The campfire/resting place near the hot spring in the "Follow The Path" section needs to be raised so it's not below ground.

You resolve to explore within, but for not you will return to the city. Needs the comma.

Also your final reward treasure chest is floating in the air. I'm not sure if that is intended...

All in all a very good quest.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi great quest. Liked the first part and this is a good follow up to that! Awesome storyline and great fights.

Would appreciate a review of my quests (the 2nd part of the Tale of the 3 Suns - Amulet of the Shining Sun is new:))
    Links in sig

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Hi mate, it is a really amazing map. The encounters on normal are just too hard, after I rolled into a hole for the third time and died from falling I had to leave to save walking back again (the encounter after the escape part).

I will play again later, but some invisible walls are needed.

Hello, thanks for your feedback, I'll go and reduce the difficulty for solo play :). Also, was the teleporter working? Its supposed to send you to the room before the boss.
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6