test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the Distinguishing Returns for the Cleric?

ice060788ice060788 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
edited July 2013 in The Temple
I know I've seen someone post a link to a spread sheet to all the values and the diminishing return values. I can't seem to find it any more and had it saved on my laptop, don't currently have with me. So I was wondering if someone can post the link for me, not Krips YouTube video. Thanks
Post edited by ice060788 on

Comments

• techcenterztechcenterz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ice060788 wrote: »
    I know I've seen someone post a link to a spread sheet to all the values and the diminishing return values. I can't seem to find it any more and had it saved on my laptop, don't currently have with me. So I was wondering if someone can post the link for me, not Krips YouTube video. Thanks

Here is what your looking

Diminishing returns spreadsheet
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    power is flat.

recovery starts to be very diminished around 2700

crit starts to be very diminished around 2000

around 2200 armor pen removes most/all resistances in PvE

https://docs.google.com/a/g.uky.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgK7NUdr8JPldFlsc1lJZng0MmYtMWFyT2F5TW5lblE#gid=0
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »
    around 2200 armor pen removes most/all resistances in PvE

What's the source of that info?
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    Here is what your looking

Diminishing returns spreadsheet

I have updated the above page with new numbers and better calculations. Here's some new graphs:

Critical Strike

dimret_crit.jpg

Recovery

dimret_rec.jpg

The above graphs are based on a circa number of what would have been paid for the previous 1% increase in the bonus at different stat levels.
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you need 24 % armorpen some classes will gain that with lower ArP then others such as GF with getting ArP from dex.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Can't help but think plotting straight "power/crit/recovery vs relevant effect" would be more useful, if you've got the data (and the time). I.e. "crit chance on the Y, crit points on the X" or whatever.

Plotting "points needed to get a 1% increase vs points you already have" is trickier to read, not least because you can't even get a final figure out of it (i.e. what would my final crit bonus actually be at X amount of crit?).

(nice data, though)
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How useful is amour penetration to cleric? I am siting at 0 right now. I only do pve content.
    I am currently trying to increase my defence and defect.
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Can't help but think plotting straight "power/crit/recovery vs relevant effect" would be more useful, if you've got the data (and the time). I.e. "crit chance on the Y, crit points on the X" or whatever.

Plotting "points needed to get a 1% increase vs points you already have" is trickier to read, not least because you can't even get a final figure out of it (i.e. what would my final crit bonus actually be at X amount of crit?).

(nice data, though)

Good thought. Here's the data shown with bonus on the y-axis and stat pool on the x-axis showing how the bonus "flattens" off.

Critical Strike - Stat Pool vs Bonus

dimret_crit3.jpg

Recovery - Stat Pool vs Bonus

dimret_rec3.jpg
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dsolz wrote: »
    How useful is amour penetration to cleric? I am siting at 0 right now. I only do pve content.
    I am currently trying to increase my defence and defect.

Totally useless, unless you're regularly a second DC or a dps pvp cleric.

AP generation works most efficiently by the number of targets hit by spells and the appropriate Power selection, not by how much damage landed per target. So, doing more damage on its own (arp does not help anything else) does not help your role as a healer since you sacrifice other more useful stats.