test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP bots

khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So, pvp is suffering due to the influx of bots with names like sadsa and such. Does anyone know if this has even been acknowledged or there is a fix or ... Is this something that we just have to put up with ? It is killing my fun.
Post edited by khitch25 on

Comments

• borguskborgusk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nobody care, join pvp afk party
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khitch25 wrote: »
    So, pvp is suffering due to the influx of bots with names like sadsa and such. Does anyone know if this has even been acknowledged or there is a fix or ... Is this something that we just have to put up with ? It is killing my fun.

Actually the funny thing is, a few patches back they claimed they placed a fix to prevent afkers. Not only does it not work it tends to bug and cause legit players entering the match to get kicked for being afk even thought they just zoned in.
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Soviet Russia... Wait, I meant in Neverwinter, AFK PvP bots form guilds and laugh at you while you struggle since nobody cares. In case it's hard to read it on the screen, guild names are "Work in Progress" and "Revenant Raiders". Dragon shard.
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    so i just got 2k zen, any tips what to get? i came up with the extra char slots which cost 500? i thought, and the rest on keys? thanks for your help =)
  • khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I tried asking their twitter account, but it has me on ignore. Seems they only talk to fanboi types. This game has promise in PvP ... if they prevent the bots. Btw I am talking about actual bots. They run to mid, attack stuff that comes nearby, run around randomly etc. I have even seen someone killed by a bot ... (some people are that bad I guess).
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    ive yet to see a bot, but ill keep an eye out to report
  • khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    ive yet to see a bot, but ill keep an eye out to report
    I play around 10 hours a day doing PvP. If you see someone named sadsad or erewqfwf or anything like that and they seem like a really bad player .. its a bot. That or a bunch of toddlers are somehow playing neverwinter a lot. Report functions in this game dont work btw. Go to the deleted threads section for a quick look at people who cannot contact customer service.
  • orbitalz2korbitalz2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran into a group of level 20-29 bots with pillow in their name awhile back, really I wouldn't care if they were all in the same group since it just makes for a quick and easy match for exp and glory but they were on both sides of the team which means less players to help against actual people fighting. They appear to be running keyboard repetition scripts or the like to move and do fake attacks to get around the anti-afk thing.
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    There's another group of bots whose names all start with Dr, like Dr. Octopus, Dr. Pepper, etc.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    orbitalz2k wrote: »
    I ran into a group of level 20-29 bots with pillow

Yes, I've seen the "pillow" people too.... they are currently plagueing the 30 bracket on Dragon. Tend to come in, in a pair, sit afk running against a wall to prevent getting afk booted near the campfire through the duration of the match. I've had it happen where I end up with two of them, one person who gets bugged so we are out another... so then we end up with only two functioning people on our team. This has happened more often then it really should.
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • juanlg01juanlg01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pvp is dominated by bots!