test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Tips for Scoundrel's Retreat (Solo)

sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm a level 46 trickster rogue, saboteur build, and this is the first mission I wasn't able to finish. I got Kayliss down to half health three times before dying and decided to save it for later.

Anyone have tips for dealing with the adds? My companion was pretty much worthless. Bait and Switch wasn't doing its usual trickery. I had just gotten Wicked Reminder and switched it to Path of the Blade after the first attempt, to no avail. I guess I was taken aback because this is the first boss I really struggled with.
Post edited by sphecida on

Comments

• Options
    isdavisdav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, steps to solo any "story" mission boss.

Step One, Slot Shadow Strike and Bait and Switch encounters even rank one in them is sufficient, also Lurker's Assault Daily this should be maxed of course as its the best rogue daily, period, and Duelists Flurry At-Will.

Step Two: Attack boss, stealth.

Step Three: Use Lurkers Assault making sure to cap bleed stacks from Duelist's Flurry while stealth and lurkers are both active for max damage.

Step Four: Once Lurkers ends, and stealth is nearly out, use Shadow Strike to refill stealth, continue dps.

Step Five: Once stealth is nearly out again, use bait and switch to refill stealth and to help refill action points. Also of course keep dpsing boss during this as much as possible, trying to keep bleed stacks from falling off.

Step Six: If boss not dead, run away until shadow strike is back up/or you can naturally recharge stealth.

Step Seven: Repeat steps as necessary keeping in stealth at all times as it will make you nearly invincible since the boss will ignore you.

Ironically this actually might even work better if you DO NOT use a companion as the boss won't spam AOE's at your companion possibly hitting you in the process.

Note: At level 50+ Smoke Bomb helps the running away part as it is a very nice AOE CC, also Invisible Infiltrator will make you want to use your daily at the very last second of your first stealth bar as it will recharge stealth to full as well. Also one can use Gloaming Cut for even more stealth time but really it is not very good, especially if not specced for it, which is a waste of points imo anyway.

TL : DR

Abuse Stealth mechanics and stealth recharge encounters/daily and only use at wills (in this case Duelist's Flurry) during stealth to do damage as they will not break stealth which basically makes most bosses practically a target dummy and allows one to completely ignore the adds as well as they can't see you either. Of course if AOE happens, don't stand in it if at all possible, and well, you win.
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tips! I can see that I need to practice refilling stealth and reassess my powers/feats to see why it's not refilling. Up to now, I have probably been relying too heavily on my At-Wills. Zone chat says that Rogue gets much squishier at higher levels, though it's more likely that one needs to alter playstyle, and since most encounters aren't so difficult, I've gotten lazy.

As it happened, a nice man in a metal suit came along and did the mission with me. I do feel ashamed that I couldn't manage it on my own. I won't be able to hide my face at the Trickster's Ball.