test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lookin for some critiques and ratings!

zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So i recently posted my first quest to the foundry for Review. I've loved games that allow the player to create mods and one of the first things I did when i started NW was to start up a mod. It's a shortish dungeon crawl really that takes between 20-25 mins. I however didn't learn that there were no Dragon costumes i could use really for the later maps in the campaign which kinda of disappointed me and is making me think i'll have to put the last couple quests of it on the back burner until some actual dragon assets are released for the Foundry. But I digress, this is just the first quest of the campaign for now and i currently am unaware of any bugs/screw ups, at least from my testing and the few reviews I've already gotten. If you in turn have a quest you would like me to review for you feel free to include the info for it in your reply here.

Campaign: Day of the Dragons
Quest 1: Ch1 Discovery
Short code: NW-DS8ASIEED
Post edited by zlainfurry on

Comments

• zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bumpity bump bump, trading reviews!
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll run it right now.

When you get a chance, give mine a shot:

The Vaalyr Prophecy - Prologue: Misty Hollow
    NW-DISM87G71
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • howitzer29howitzer29 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, I'll take a look at your quest, although I probably won't be able to until tomorrow afternoon.

I've got one to run, if you like: Rezade and the Ruins, shortcode NWS-DA6ZOP3V3.
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Notes while I play...

Level 33 GWF
    -Scenery looks good so far
    -Wow, second battle was more brutal than I expected! Maybe I aggroed a wandering group...
    -Dungeon areas are a little sparse... a few decorations here and there would help
    -The journal dropped by the priestess is labeled "Book - Open 1"
    -Sneaky ambush behind the door... I like it.
    -Again...while dispelling glyphs, the area is pretty barren...drop a few decorations for flavor
    -Cave area: VERY nicely done. I know what a PITA it is to make a good cave... :)
    -Don't know if it's possible to add an alternate route, but after burning banner 2, it's annoying to have to run ALL the way back through cleared area... even an ambush or something on the way back would be welcome.

Overall, excellent adventure. A few minor bits, but I'm definitely interested in continuing the series.

Other than that, I'd say drop a few more lore/story interactables around, and you've got yourself a winner.

Thanks for the adventure!
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    NW-DISM87G71
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
    edited May 2013
    The teleporter floating in the air by the second banner is accessible after finishing the banner quest by a rock that falls(appears) to the right of the banner if you're looking at it. I think i might have to make a dialog pop up as well altering players to it. I agree with the blandness of the first section of the map and am working on that right now. I find the 2 assassin fights as harder then that second fight, which is just 2 easy/minion encounters. Thanks for playing through it man, gonna check yours out now.
  • brute2112brute2112 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All check it out to. Check mine out if you can just published Dark Souls the Depths NW-DBCA3LC05
    edited May 2013
    I'll check your quests out this afternoon, Brute and Howitzer.
    edited May 2013
    Ah, yeah I missed the teleporter... no worries. Like I said, my only negatives were nitpicky. I've subscribed to you and look forward to more.

Thanks for the review on mine! Glad you enjoyed it!
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    NW-DISM87G71
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doing yours now. Mine are in my sig.

Edit:
    Done with LV51 CW
    That was quite fun.
    The combat was challenging but doable, though fighting the same drow enemies got a little dull though.

*Books floating slightly in first room
    *Banner clipping through barrel in 2nd room
    *Broken barrel clipping through bed+walll in 2nd room
    *Barrel clipping through basketl in 2nd room
    * Brow brazier clipping through wall in corridoor
    * Book has default name "book open 1" ect
    * The Doors were covered by invisible walls, but no explanation s to why I couldn't open them. You could add a a "the door is locked" if you don't want them going that way unnill they examin the glyph lock.
    * You could add Interact animations to the glyphs and banners
    * near 2nd banner a brazier clips into rock
    * In same room trap floats above the floor
    * Spinning blade trap floats above floor in L shaped cave on way to 2nd banner
    * Some letter is are not capitalized in final npc dialog e.g. "i expanded my house"

Other than that, pretty good.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
    edited May 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Doing yours now. Mine are in my sig.

Edit:
    Done with LV51 CW
    That was quite fun.
    The combat was challenging but doable, though fighting the same drow enemies got a little dull though.

*Books floating slightly in first room
    *Banner clipping through barrel in 2nd room
    *Broken barrel clipping through bed+walll in 2nd room
    *Barrel clipping through basketl in 2nd room
    * Brow brazier clipping through wall in corridoor
    * Book has default name "book open 1" ect
    * The Doors were covered by invisible walls, but no explanation s to why I couldn't open them. You could add a a "the door is locked" if you don't want them going that way unnill they examin the glyph lock.
    * You could add Interact animations to the glyphs and banners
    * near 2nd banner a brazier clips into rock
    * In same room trap floats above the floor
    * Spinning blade trap floats above floor in L shaped cave on way to 2nd banner
    * Some letter is are not capitalized in final npc dialog e.g. "i expanded my house"

Other than that, pretty good.

All fixed and thanks for the feedback man!

I also added a boss encounter after dispelling the glyphs, which i'm unable to test because my power points are bugged on my Foundry character =? i am aware though that the last fight is significantly easier than the new one though, which i need to switch up i think...
    edited May 2013
    Big ish update, lots of little things and some major things updated, should be available in about 10mins. Logging in to play some of your guys now.
    edited May 2013
    Beeb and lost, i posted my reviews in yours. Howitzer, I couldn't locate the sword needed for the banner to dispel the repelling force so i quit, spent about 15mins running around looking for just it. Either i'm blind or it isn't in there..shrug. Doing yours now Brute, Sorry i didn't get to them yesterday like i thought i would, spent a bunch of time editing mine heh =/
    edited May 2013
    Aight Brute.

The rolling boulder at the start is able to simply be jumped over. Some of the skeletons you have spawning at the top of the first set of steps spawn/fall under the ground, which locks the player in combat, i fixed it by trying to drag the skeleton into the lava and killing him then, but by that point my companion was bugged out and down there too trying to kill it so i had to resummon it. Try to make the dialogue with the knight a little more fluid, and actually color the lines used to progress with orange. Awesome use of invisible floors. Drop a shrine or something at the end so the play isn't just poofing out of the instance after getting the final chest. Maybe add some kind of boss before the final chest. Clean up description a little, a bit of redundancy in the first line. Finally, it was very story lite, i was there for no real reason i could tell and everything after helping the knight seemed kind of pointless. The dungeon itself however was very fun and pretty cleverly put together.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review--glad you liked it. I'll be starting work on Chapter 1 this week sometime, so hopefully this one entices ya to come back. :) (Chapter 1 will HOPEFULLY be a more palatable 30 minutes...that's my goal anyway)

Thanks again, and good luck with yours!
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    NW-DISM87G71
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2