test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ah closed permanently in open beta

mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
AH should be closed permanently until open beta is over, all bugs and exploits are fixed, exploiters banned and game is officialy released. Right now there's new exploit arriving every single day and AH is nothing more than money/items laundering.
Post edited by mohann on

Comments

• rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People are exploiting the auction house while it isn't open?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    mohann wrote: »
    AH should be closed permanently until open beta is over, all bugs and exploits are fixed, exploiters banned and game is officialy released. Right now there's new exploit arriving every single day and AH is nothing more than money/items laundering.

Well if they keep the ah closed there will be no way of knowing what the exploits are.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can't even touch a piece of my gear till the AH is back up. Hopefully the prices aren't too low. They need to track and ban people exploiting and the exploits/hacks/glitches themselves before they can re-release it though. I think they need to work faster and get rid of this pay2win garbage. Seriously, it was enough that 200 dollars gets you 2mil AD, enough to fully gear a character in T2/T3s. But exchanging a mere 40 bucks for 15-20 million AD depending on the rate, is stupidly pay2win. Now I don't care too much, but the economy and the PvP system are affected by this.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Can't even touch a piece of my gear till the AH is back up. Hopefully the prices aren't too low. They need to track and ban people exploiting and the exploits/hacks/glitches themselves before they can re-release it though. I think they need to work faster and get rid of this pay2win garbage. Seriously, it was enough that 200 dollars gets you 2mil AD, enough to fully gear a character in T2/T3s. But exchanging a mere 40 bucks for 15-20 million AD depending on the rate, is stupidly pay2win. Now I don't care too much, but the economy and the PvP system are affected by this.
    Pay to win has nothing to do with this, please do not derail the topic.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Pay to win has nothing to do with this, please do not derail the topic.
    Yes it does. When it is to the point where you can get millions of AD, enough to fully gear a newly made level 60 in a day, it kinda does, and inflates the economy for people who actually spend time farming for their ad, or actually playing the game how it should be played. But I could care less, so I'll drop the pay2win topic anyway since the main problem is the exploits and cheats.
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Yes it does. When it is to the point where you can get millions of AD, enough to fully gear a newly made level 60 in a day, it kinda does, and inflates the economy for people who actually spend time farming for their ad, or actually playing the game how it should be played. But I could care less, so I'll drop the pay2win topic anyway since the main problem is the exploits and cheats.

This. And once you have all the best in slot, the game will get extremely easy to play and be boring. Even the foundry quests will be a walk through. All content will not provide you with anything other than to just clear quests. For some that might be okay, but I like to play to improve my character.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The entire point of open beta is to test the game to discover bugs, imbalances, etc to be fixed for when Neverwinter is released... You don't seem to understand the concept of beta testing...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    The entire point of open beta is to test the game to discover bugs, imbalances, etc to be fixed for when Neverwinter is released... You don't seem to understand the concept of beta testing...

Or he understands perfectly, and realizes that the AH is in no way helping to discover bugs, imbalances, etc, and is instead is mainly used to assist in monetizing exploits.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if they keep the ah closed there will be no way of knowing what the exploits are.

Or there won't be a way to make any decent AD amount for people who don't want to buy and sell Zen.
  • archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I say make gold to be the AH currency...

Just think of the impact of that on the exploiters, if all the millions of ADs they have, could only be used for cosmetics and zen store!
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    archwarden wrote: »
    I say make gold to be the AH currency...

Just think of the impact of that on the exploiters, if all the millions of ADs they have, could only be used for cosmetics and zen store!

you get good option there I believe. or why not using make exchanger gold-AD too, it could save the economy a bit
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I already paid for this game thus it is not beta. The "beta" term is used so Cryptic has an excuse for all the unfinished shiiit in the game. I can agree on closing the AH in a beta game.In this one though: naaah
  • archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    you get good option there I believe. or why not using make exchanger gold-AD too, it could save the economy a bit

No, no trade between gold-ads.
    That's the point of the suggestion, keep those things earned by playing (purples) tradeable only with a "clean" currency, also earned only by playing.
    ADs and Zen only for companions, cosmetics, epic mounts and such fluff.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • calidorncalidorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can people trade privately between toons ?

The auction house is certainly convenient for trading but so long as you can still buy and sell without it I don't really see the point ?

Are they simply locking all the gear currently on sale in the AH while they remove it from the exploiters or has everyone gotten all their listed items back ? I would have thought that anyone who has genuine sales listed deserved to get it back asap even if they leave the AH closed.

Please explain.
  • grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    THIS GAME IS NO LONGER BETA! Too much real money has been exchanged. Once the game is "for sale" as it is with Founder's Packs and the Zen store the term "beta" as it is defined no longer applies no matter what Cryptic wants to call it.

There needs to be another term to use for this game in the state it is currently in. How about <Gamma> seeing how that is the next letter in the Greek Alphabet.
  • calidorncalidorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't Omega the final letter ? Just before the end ?
  • mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    The entire point of open beta is to test the game to discover bugs, imbalances, etc to be fixed for when Neverwinter is released...

Exactly. Open beta is NOT for earning AD by using bugs/exploits and converting those AD to ZEN, to spend them in NW or other PWE games. That is why Auction House - the main tool helping exploiters in money/items laundering and destroying game economy - should remain closed until open beta ends and all bugs/exploits are fixed.