test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug that can broke many many many hours of work

tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi all, first of all sorry for my grammer, i'm not good in English...
I'm trying to fix an issue that just killed my quest, there are two point in the "story" section that i need to edit.
They are two "interact with", and they got a yellow " ! " because right now i have to assign a key to use as consumable.
SO these two interactables are two invisible walls before a door, so with the help of two keys you can open.
The real problem is not to make it works, it problem is that once i click on one of the two "interact with" event in the story section the froundry crashes.
I can't even click on them for deleting, or click and drag them in another sport, they are just... cursed!
What can i do for saving my quest? can i select them in some ways killing them without clicking on them?
Sorry again form my english.

Many thanks!
Post edited by tarum89 on

Comments

• Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Try selecting them from the "Component Tree" (top right)

Alternatively try duplicating the map and seeing if you can remove them from the copied map and then delete the original.

Beyond that I can't think of much else.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yospeck wrote: »
    Try selecting them from the "Component Tree" (top right)

Alternatively try duplicating the map and seeing if you can remove them from the copied map and then delete the original.

Beyond that I can't think of much else.

I used it, but it just delete the tool in the map, i should delete the event from the story itself...
    Duplicating it doesn't works too, i hope cryptic will fix this :(
    Thanks anyway :)
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If its two objects that need to be touched before the story can continue then open the story area and drag that interaction object next to the other, you'll see they group up as one objective in the story.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one thing I did was just have the invisible wall in front of whatever it is that you need a key for, then I made the invisible wall a contact. It caused a pop up indicating that you need a key to unlock the door. The invisible wall is so close to the door that the player wont even know he is interating with an invisble wall and not the door. He gets the key from another part of the quest, and upon the completion of that part of the quest the invisible wall disapears. He can then interact with the door. The key is just a prop, he never really uses it on the door. the door is just open once he completes that part of the quest. I think for your quest you can do the same thing. In your pop up contact on the wall indicate you need two keys. When the player completes the objectives that drop the keys, have the invisible wall disappears. Walla the door is accessable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    one thing I did was just have the invisible wall in front of whatever it is that you need a key for, then I made the invisible wall a contact. It caused a pop up indicating that you need a key to unlock the door. The invisible wall is so close to the door that the player wont even know he is interating with an invisble wall and not the door. He gets the key from another part of the quest, and upon the completion of that part of the quest the invisible wall disapears. He can then interact with the door. The key is just a prop, he never really uses it on the door. the door is just open once he completes that part of the quest. I think for your quest you can do the same thing. In your pop up contact on the wall indicate you need two keys. When the player completes the objectives that drop the keys, have the invisible wall disappears. Walla the door is accessable.

Thanks for the advice, actually it was what i did before :)
    Probably i made some bad explaination, english is not my strenght.
    I had already a door with inv. wall before that works pretty well, the problem was that in the story line the part was buggy, every time i tried to select it the foundry crashed.
    Luckly now all works, don't know if it's because i sent some tickets but all it's solved ;)