test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Potion of Lesser Healing] Bugged?

natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Yesterday they were fine, I had no problems using them, but today on my CW, i was in need of one of these potions. I pressed #3 key like i normally do and I get an error message telling me that I do not have enough action points??

This is the 2,000 Hp potion by the way, and all the other potions work in this same slot, so its not a keybind issue. It is only that one type of potion. Ive tried to buy new ones, but same problem.

Anyone else see this happen today?
ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
Post edited by natejam101 on

Comments

• natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for a response
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never seen anything like that. I have, however, seen occasions where I tried to use a healing potion & nothing appeared to happen at all. I think that happened when I was hit with some sort of knockback attack, but I'm not entirely sure.

But I've never gotten a warning of insufficient action points for using a potion.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I need to pay more attention. I did not know that I need action points to use a potion.
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I need to pay more attention. I did not know that I need action points to use a potion.

I dont think you should need action points, like I said it only happens with this one type of potion. The other types do not do this, and none of them did this yesterday.
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Never seen anything like that. I have, however, seen occasions where I tried to use a healing potion & nothing appeared to happen at all. I think that happened when I was hit with some sort of knockback attack, but I'm not entirely sure.

But I've never gotten a warning of insufficient action points for using a potion.

I think I've had this happen when I try to chug a potion while dodging, I don't see a health increase but trigger the potion cooldown anyway.

As far as requiring action points for lesser healing potions, got me stumped :(
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this happened in the middle of combat let me advance a theory.

Everything has its own animation and you can’t layer one on top of another, cant move and attack, that sort of thing. And some things you may be triggering do require action points. Getting knocked around just makes the problem worse because it enforces its own animation that you must complete before you can do anything else.

It may be that you got knocked down, tried to trigger a defensive ability a few times and then tried to activate the potion. But you were still in the “getting up” animation with includes a few seconds of just standing there counting circling birdies, and the action point notifications were from your defensive attempts, their appearance streaming in during your potion punching.

Does that sound feasible?
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had something similar happen, message kept telling me i could not use that power...i tried using other potions of a different rank and they worked fine. I think sometimes the potions themselves just get bugged somehow. I had kinda outgrown them so just sold them to the npc.

Oh and this was with full AP either in or out of combat. Even tried using them back in town.
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    I had something similar happen, message kept telling me i could not use that power...i tried using other potions of a different rank and they worked fine. I think sometimes the potions themselves just get bugged somehow. I had kinda outgrown them so just sold them to the npc.

Oh and this was with full AP either in or out of combat. Even tried using them back in town.

FINALLY, figured it out..I had transferred a stack of these potions from an alt via the in game mail system. When I did that, for some reason it began treating them as if they were bind to character.

I reluctantly discarded these potions and bought a new stack and now everything works fine. I would not recommend transferring healing potions to alts, as it causes this problem :)
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had this happen today after mailing stack of 99 from alt.
    To get them to work, split the stack 1/98 and put the 98 back in slot and destroy the 1, and then they work.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Yesterday they were fine, I had no problems using them, but today on my CW, i was in need of one of these potions. I pressed #3 key like i normally do and I get an error message telling me that I do not have enough action points??

This is the 2,000 Hp potion by the way, and all the other potions work in this same slot, so its not a keybind issue. It is only that one type of potion. Ive tried to buy new ones, but same problem.

Anyone else see this happen today?

My potions should be bound to the F1 key, but whenever I press F1 it thinks I'm pressing one of the action buttons.
    More stupid, ridiculous bugs! Just no excuse for a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bug like this...

Tried switch to another toon to pvp instead, but of course they don't get ported to an instance.

Oh well, this piece of **** game is dying anyway, dev team sucks ***...
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    over 2 weeks and not even a reply... morons.... how hard is it to reply....