test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is gear score calculated?

nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm asking because my score keeps randomly changing.

Two days ago my gear score was 8973. Yesterday it was 8874 and today it is 8946.... I haven't changed any gear out or put in different enchantments.

I have tried different skill combos, so do your chosen skills affect your gear score?

Does it compare you to other players and give you a rating based on what other people are equipping?
Post edited by nwobrock on

Comments

• Options
    nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    companion or no companion? some runes give stat bonuses from companions, so that can affect it, campfire will affect it, potions etc etc
  • Options
    mizredavni0mizredavni0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also very much like to know exactly how it works ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    dirtnap gaming
    Assistant Community Director
    Miz Redavni aka oTRULYoADEPTo
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    I have tried different skill combos, so do your chosen skills affect your gear score?

I have heard elsewhere on the forums that your feats do. The post I read was talking about an HP boosting feat. I would guess that if they have the gearscore tied to stats, then any feat that passively boosted a stat would boost gearscore as well. Just a guess though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Gear score calculated by total stats amount you are getting from equiped items including set bonus
    Only offensive and defensive stats .. no utility stats..
  • Options
    gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    total stats from equipment (-utility stats) + total weapon damage = gear score

Edit: unlike what the aforementioned post stated, set bonuses do not count
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    I'm asking because my score keeps randomly changing.

Two days ago my gear score was 8973. Yesterday it was 8874 and today it is 8946.... I haven't changed any gear out or put in different enchantments.

Does it compare you to other players and give you a rating based on what other people are equipping?

Simple stuff, here is the formula that kicks in when you login and when you move from map to map or dungeon to dungeon, difficulty doesn't matter.

Gear Score= Randomly generated D20 roll upon login, this is you base modifier for the next 24 hour period regardless of how many times you log off or get disconnected.

Say you log in and get a randomly generated 15, you wont know what you get until you see your Gear Score total for the day and begin tracking it. Lets say the gaming gods are good but not great to you that day, that 15 is added to your base armor class which is also dependent on your class, keep in mind, just as an example, a rouge has a totally different armor class than a rogue, that was for folks that like details.

Anyway take the 15, add it to your current class Base armor class....I will give the formula for base armor class at a later time, anyway, take that 15, add it to your base armor class, multiply it by the number of pieces of Purple armor, no blues, and subtract 1200, now add in the number of level 5 gems only and multiply by 2 one time and subtract the total AC number of any blues and greens you have MINUS...now pay attention, the sum of all level 4 or 7 gems you have. If you have no level 7 gems use the following base number of 400 per piece of Tier 1 purple armor, not rings and such and add the difference.

Your total will be your Gear score for the current 24 hour period. Simple, clean and a well thought out game mechanic for a true D&D feel and adventure for those elitists in the know. Well done developers...well done indeed. *Golf Clap*
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    I have heard elsewhere on the forums that your feats do. The post I read was talking about an HP boosting feat. I would guess that if they have the gearscore tied to stats, then any feat that passively boosted a stat would boost gearscore as well. Just a guess though.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. (Since the other posters seem to imply gearscore only adds up gear stats). I took a level 19 GF that I only use for invoking and leadership. His gearscore was 290. I put 1 point into the toughness feat. His gearscore jumped to 320. Its really not that hard to test.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Simple stuff, here is the formula that kicks in when you login and when you move from map to map or dungeon to dungeon, difficulty doesn't matter.

Gear Score= Randomly generated D20 roll upon login, this is you base modifier for the next 24 hour period regardless of how many times you log off or get disconnected.

Say you log in and get a randomly generated 15, you wont know what you get until you see your Gear Score total for the day and begin tracking it. Lets say the gaming gods are good but not great to you that day, that 15 is added to your base armor class which is also dependent on your class, keep in mind, just as an example, a rouge has a totally different armor class than a rogue, that was for folks that like details.

Anyway take the 15, add it to your current class Base armor class....I will give the formula for base armor class at a later time, anyway, take that 15, add it to your base armor class, multiply it by the number of pieces of Purple armor, no blues, and subtract 1200, now add in the number of level 5 gems only and multiply by 2 one time and subtract the total AC number of any blues and greens you have MINUS...now pay attention, the sum of all level 4 or 7 gems you have. If you have no level 7 gems use the following base number of 400 per piece of Tier 1 purple armor, not rings and such and add the difference.

Your total will be your Gear score for the current 24 hour period. Simple, clean and a well thought out game mechanic for a true D&D feel and adventure for those elitists in the know. Well done developers...well done indeed. *Golf Clap*

*stares blankly* wait... *rubs eyes* What?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ronrobaronroba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    total stats from equipment (-utility stats) + total weapon damage = gear score

Edit: unlike what the aforementioned post stated, set bonuses do not count

4 set bonus dont count but 2 set bonus do :)
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's the correct answer: Gear score is the total of all your Offensive and healing stats combined with all your Defensive stats, Utility stats do not affect gear score however there are a couple things that do. Max health increases raise Gear score, Also there are feats that you can put points to that for take one stat and use it to increase another. For example Steely Defense for the GWF which gives up to 20% of Defense stat as Power.
    @Powerblast in game