test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do the weapon shards do?

wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok I have bought 4 frost shards fro the AH and found out they have 1% chance of melding together so I have to buy a binding ward for 1000 zen...
Now I can keep on grinding and sell stuff to get the AD to pay for it but what do the frost shards do when I put them on a weapon? is it worth it?
Post edited by wrenaq on

Comments

• Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also luck into them for free if you save up 7 Piety or Ardent coins from invoking (forget which - the one that only goes to 7) and grab the coffer - I got a 100% guaranteed binding ward from there. If you have those nightmare box bars (T something) 200 of those will score you one too, they are on the last tab at that merchant.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you bought them without knowing what they do? O_o

You know there are completed versions on there that you can see what they do, right? They are also probably cheaper to get, but i could be wrong.

Yes, they are worth it, but you will most likely see the best benefit once you do more than four, meaning, four more of groups of four into another rank. You can stick that one from four you have in the weapon enchantment slot, and it will obviously be better than nothing. The higher rank one you put in there will be even greater, and more so for the one after that. It's the top rank ones that are getting insane damage and such. I forget which ranks starts to have better visual effects, but those get more interesting as you go up too.