test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are so many Armor models broke in Neverwinter?!

effeleffel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't understand how at this point in development something as simple as armor models is so screwed up.

You must have seen it, Many must have complained because it is so pervasive.
Helms that have chest armor models instead(this gives no helm look but over rides your chest look dyes & all).
Boots that do the same thing(only don't over ride the chest equipped).
Arm pieces which make your hands invisible.
Neck Pieces which make your characters animation sounds (jump) change to something ridiculous.

Maybe they believe that we will not notice as every armor model from 1-59 is almost identical.
I feel a little insulted that this problem still exists & the only way to fix it is to drop 50k AD to change one item's Visual.
The problem is exacerbated by the fact that you cannot see what an item looks like before you purchase it (could be to further hide the fact that so many are broke) and the only way to see before you equip is a workaround by attempting to use it to change the visual of another item then aborting.

Please tell me you have seen it too.
Post edited by effel on

Comments

• ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a helm of the spider something that is bugged. No reply from support. I've also had transactions in the ah go through but not deliver the item, wasting thousands of ad. No reply to that either.
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love having my cloak slice through my torso forward, cutting me in half. Then hang down, like an apron., or flip forward over/through my head while riding a horse.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • effeleffel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really talking about simple issues here, not cloth collisions or the morbid state of the mail system. Simply making a helm look like a helm & making boots look like boots. Why am I wearing 3 chest plates with no helm & goofy socks?
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I've been hoping that the armor models in the game are placeholders... Having one armor model for every 20 levels seems lacking, especially when they're so peculiar looking (speaking of the Guardian).