test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I upgrade my profession staff?

wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Question is in the title, I have had a search but can't find out how.
Cheers in advance.
Post edited by wrenaq on

Comments

• zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    For $ :/

You can upgare green to blue and blue to purple, but only way to start is to buy green ones for real money because as far as i remember there is no way to upgrade regular ones to green.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • annahannah Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As you level your profession you get to recruit more people. Then upgrade them.
    Get four rank 1 staff, upgrade into one rank 2. then four rank 2 into one rank 3. (they all have the 5% speed boost).
    If you want the green/blue/purple staff (with better speed boosts), you have to use store to buy the profession packs, or buy them from the auction house.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Question is in the title, I have had a search but can't find out how.
    Cheers in advance.

professions of leadership is the only one I know so far, but after some time and grinding, I have upgraded my mercs into guards. Not sure about their rarity, if thats possible, but it took 4 mercs to make a guard so I can do some of the higher reward tasks.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to upgrade them when you reach the appropriate level. It's...ick...to do so but it is built in.

Some more information can be found here.

And it's worth noting you can't upgrade the speed boost.
    The only way to get the Tier 3 with speed boost is through professions packs as far as I know. :(
  • blightedbishopblightedbishop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He means the human assets, I think, not the stuff.

You hire 4 of them, and then level 7 you can turn the four of them into the next tier, which also takes 18 hours.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 4 but I see no option to upgrade them..Iam 59th level If that helps.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind I must be blind just found it :D cheers dudes/dudettes ;)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Upgrade <Asset Name>

It's a Level 7 option for all basic craftsmen (prospector, miner, mercenary...)

EDIT - Ninja'd in the time it took me to look it up and type!
    Glad you got it figured out Gary.
    edited May 2013
    annah wrote: »
    If you want the green/blue/purple staff (with better speed boosts), you have to use store to buy the profession packs, or buy them from the auction house.

I hadn't realized that.

So basically, there's no point in progressively upgrading the one you actually earn through the profession, since they aren't as good as the ones you can buy.

That's really disheartening :\
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hadn't realized that.

So basically, there's no point in progressively upgrading the one you actually earn through the profession, since they aren't as good as the ones you can buy.

That isnt true, at least not for leadership, there are higher level assignments that you train whites to green, greens to blue and presumabley blues to purple.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I have 4 but I see no option to upgrade them..Iam 59th level If that helps.

Your character level doesnt matter, it is the PROFESSION level that matters.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    edited May 2013
    That isnt true, at least not for leadership, there are higher level assignments that you train whites to green, greens to blue and presumabley blues to purple.

It is, though.

For tailoring it goes

Weaver>Outfitter>Assistant tailor

It stops there, the next upgrade is;

Tailor>Master tailor>Grandmaster tailor

there is no Assistant tailor>Tailor step, the only way to get to the green ones is to buy profession packs, or buy them with AD in the auction house.

Leadership is the same, the steps are

Mercenary>Guard>Footman

Man at arms>Adventurer>Hero

There is no step between footman and Man at Arms.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, it is the same for all the professions dealing with assets (people and tools), there is no common (white) > uncommon (green) step. There are several forum posts on this very subject and hoping to get it changed. Feel free to join the NWO-Newbies or NWO-Professions custom channels if you have more questions in-game.