test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Round 2! Old Foundry System!

xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So, my last thread was closed bc, "You cannot bar people from posting in your thread when it is a discussion thread of opinions. Furthermore, we do not allow petitions, ultimatums and protest threads. I will allow you to repost this if you can come up with a more constructive way of starting this topic in a manner that is befitting of the Whole Community."

1.Do you like the new Foundry System? Why?
2.Do you like the old Foundry System? Do you want it back?
3.Would you leave the game if there is no correct fix?
4.Did you farm the old Foundry System?
5.Is the Found System the only reason you are playing this game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Early Gamer Get the Levels"
by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
Post edited by xydsxlegend on

Comments

• dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I honestly have no issue either way. While I can understand why some people who like it, and why others would dislike it, I don't see how it truly detracts from the game itself.

I do, however, see how it can detract from the foundry system. Frankly, I don't care if people want to farm xp foundry quests. I would personally find that incredibly dull, but to each their own. It's really no difference than farming skirmishes or dungeons (although those are noticeably more interesting to farm).

With that said, however, I can see how it would detract from the foundry system by taking away views from "legitimate" foundry quests, and thus taking the chance that "Orc killer earn lots of xp 5000" would start to get more plays and reviews than something that is on genuine quality, which doesn't already have the exposure of 'famous' foundry quests like I am Slayer or The Hidden Blade.
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've never seen "old foundry". For me it's just... Foundry.

And Foundry is just a little, but funny, part of this awesome game.
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I like the foundry system regardless of the nerfs, but I think they went over the top.

My first experience with the foundry was farming ogres. I really had no idea it was bad (At first I thought it was just part of the game). The second time I looked back at the foundry I realized that players were making the maps, and not people. After that I just wanted to try making my own (With actual storylines.).

I won't quit because of any changes, but I do sort of wish they'd find a better solution to "farming". Maybe they could have a % reduction in drops/exp if they kill the same monster type in succession(Within "X" amount of time)? It may be a bit more complicated to impliment, but it would be fair to those who have no intention of exploiting.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: I like the new foundry because this way legitimate authors who spend hours on their quest won't have all their hard world shuffled to the bottom.
    2:No I hated it.
    3:No I'm staying because of it.
    4: No I don't cheat.
    5: No I play the foundry to experience the creativity of legitimate authors.

Don't bother with counter points you will not change my mind or anyone else who agrees with me and that is a considerable number.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am like the replies, keep them coming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • maddo3maddo3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. No. It makes playing the quests kinda pointless. If I want story, I'll play something with a in-depth story.
    2. Yes. Yes.
    3. It's a possibility. I want to play end-game and the foundry was the fastest way to get there. I hate running between quest vendors.
    4. I didn't farm the "here's a ton of ogres in a box" quests, but I did play a lot of foundry quests.
    5. It's a big reason for me playing the game.
  • projectnarnarprojectnarnar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: I like the new foundry because this way legitimate authors who spend hours on their quest won't have all their hard world shuffled to the bottom.
    2:No I hated it.
    3:No I'm staying because of it.
    4: No I don't cheat.
    5: No I play the foundry to experience the creativity of legitimate authors.

Don't bother with counter points you will not change my mind or anyone else who agrees with me and that is a considerable number.

Only exploit maps were cheating Farming maps are legitimate maps.

But i would rather have the Exp and drops put back into the Foundry i personally would quit if it is not fixed because other than the foundry there isn't much left to do in end game. The only reason i say that i would leave if this isn't fixed is because most people will stop making maps if people don't play what they create hence there will be little to no foundry maps and if you have to repeat the same thing at end game other than to farm items or currency most people quit after that.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If Cryptic thought they were legitimate they wouldn't have removed them end of story and they removed them because they were flooded with complaints. The foundry will do just fine without them, but it's a wait and see thing that most people who want them back don''t want to wait for and be proven wrong.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

But i would rather have the Exp and drops put back into the Foundry i personally would quit if it is not fixed because other than the foundry there isn't much left to do in end game. The only reason i say that i would leave if this isn't fixed is because most people will stop making maps if people don't play what they create hence there will be little to no foundry maps and if you have to repeat the same thing at end game other than to farm items or currency most people quit after that.

Why do you need farming experience in end-game? LOL
  • mithegilmithegil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solely judging from playtesting my own quest, I haven't noticed any seriously detrimental impact from the changes they have made so far. The quest so far is about a half hour long, with several dialogues, a little over a dozen encounters, and 4 "mini-bosses." XP seems completely acceptable, and loot drops appear to be the same. The chest loot was identical to the piece that dropped previous to the changes, so that was definitely not nerfed. After all was said and done, I gained almost exactly a level, which seems fine to me. Besides coin, the mob dropped 1 ID scroll, 2 heal pots, and 4 pieces of green gear. So...

1.Yes
    2.No opinion
    3.Doesn't seem to be necessary at this point
    4.No
    5.Too early to say, but probably yes
  • zedoreczedorec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's quite some arrogance right there.
  • jscott3jscott3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy solution would to limit how many times you can do the same quest... Maybe set it to once a week. Then maybe have a "budget" in the foundry that limits how many creatures are in the map. I am not sure what the exploit was, so this may or may not work.
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I apologize that I didn't state how I feelings.

1. I dislike the new Foundry System. I dislike the new system bc the exp is either gone or very low, item drops rate is low, you can't kill the same mob more then 2 times. Which make you add more then one type of monster in your mission. I made 4 missions but I use one type of monster bc that type felt well with my stories.
    2. I LOVED the old Foundry System. Yes! Yes! Yes! by Dainel Bryan(I am a wwe fan)
    3. I would leave the game. Just like someone said before some players might not play foundry missions anymore. I loved sitting there hours after hours making missions for players to play. My gf ask me, "Why are you so behind in lvl, baby?" I told her bc I love building maps in foundry. Yes, I was one of the few who build "Orge in a box" I didn't think it was wrong. It's like giving a 2 year old candy then say don't eat it. What do you believe would happen?
    4. Yes, I was farming a ton bc after a long day of work I didn't want to do NOTHING else. Farm, movie, snack, n bed.
    5. Yes, like I said bc I love building maps. Even tho I HATE(notice I said hate not dislike)WoW, if they had this system I would play that game. STO have this system but I get super bored with that game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • projectnarnarprojectnarnar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If Cryptic thought they were legitimate they wouldn't have removed them end of story and they removed them because they were flooded with complaints. The foundry will do just fine without them, but it's a wait and see thing that most people who want them back don''t want to wait for and be proven wrong.

yet i asked a community mod and they stated that it was indeed legitimate use of the foundry. As long as the mobs can fight back it is legit./